Question about DxDP pooled adult+child credits and alcoholic beverages

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodad

DIS Veteran
If an adult and a child garner six DxDP credits, can the adult use all six in 2018 and get alcoholic beverages with all six meals?

Like I asked in another thread, I'm wondering if this will spell the end of the adult and child TS credits being counted as the same on the DxDDP, as well as QS credits.
Yes, most likley it'll be the end of the "pooled adult/child QS credits". Think about it, it has to....as only adults are allotted an alcoholic beverage at a QS. I cant see an adult using up all of his/her QS credits, then trying to use the remainder and pass it off as their own in order to get more alcohol. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Think about it, it has to....as only adults are allotted an alcoholic beverage at a QS.

That's technically not correct. Everyone, adult or child, will be allowed a specialty drink as their beverage entitlement; it's just that you have to be 21 to get a drink with alcohol, of course. It all depends on what "specialty drinks" are available at any given location.

That's technically not correct. Everyone, adult or child, will be allowed a specialty drink as their beverage entitlement; it's just that you have to be 21 to get a drink with alcohol, of course. It all depends on what "specialty drinks" are available at any given location.

But if only the adult is in the ordering line at a QS and orders all adult meals, they can get an alcoholic beverage with ALL those meals. They'll have to then get their kids something else to drink, but technically, they can get an adult beverage with a child credit.

The TS meals with DxDDP will be a little different. You have to order from the waiter, so even if they allow a kid to get an adult meal, they won't let them get an adult beverage with that meal. BUT many, many people have figured out that having two rooms and only one room on the DxDDP means you can get all adult meals and pay child prices for some of them. If they're using credits just for the adults and paying OOP for the kids, they will also be getting adult beverages and paying child prices.

But if only the adult is in the ordering line at a QS and orders all adult meals, they can get an alcoholic beverage with ALL those meals. They'll have to then get their kids something else to drink, but technically, they can get an adult beverage with a child credit.

I find that... unlikely... given photo ID laws. I imagine that there will need to be an adult - with ID - present per meal ordered that will contain alcohol. It'd be too big of a liability for Disney to not do that.

many, many people have figured out that having two rooms and only one room on the DxDDP means you can get all adult meals and pay child prices for some of them. If they're using credits just for the adults and paying OOP for the kids, they will also be getting adult beverages and paying child prices.

Hey, if I did that, I wouldn't have to eat 6 TS meals all by myself!

I find that... unlikely... given photo ID laws. I imagine that there will need to be an adult - with ID - present per meal ordered that will contain alcohol. It'd be too big of a liability for Disney to not do that.

I agree with you, but I don't think they've thought this through. What about the mobile ordering being done at AK? And just everyone having to be in the QS line and have their ID out?

Somehow, they're going to have to close the pooling of QS and DxDDP credits and truly make kid's order off the kid's menu for this to not become a nightmare.

I agree with you, but I don't think they've thought this through. What about the mobile ordering being done at AK? And just everyone having to be in the QS line and have their ID out?

Somehow, they're going to have to close the pooling of QS and DxDDP credits and truly make kid's order off the kid's menu for this to not become a nightmare.

On the first point, I think you'll have to have the right number of ID-carrying adults present at order pickup. I can't see any other way around it and not risk violating laws/regulations.

On the second point, it may help to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that ages 10-20 are still "adults" and you still have the same problem, just to a smaller extent.

On the first point, I think you'll have to have the right number of ID-carrying adults present at order pickup. I can't see any other way around it and not risk violating laws/regulations.

On the second point, it may help to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that ages 10-20 are still "adults" and you still have the same problem, just to a smaller extent.

Agreed, that's the way it should work. But that means mom and dad along with all the kiddos are going to have to be at the pick up station...talk about crowded!!. And your second point of 10-20 "adults" shows that, if they're going to do this legally, it will be a crowded, logistical nightmare either at the order kiosk or at the pick up station.

Okay...right now, if you're paying OOP and you buy two alcoholic drinks at a QS location, do you have to show ID? Do both people have to be there to show ID or are they assuming the one person is drinking both?

I haven't seen anything about alcohol being included in the 2018 plans. Are details posted anywhere about the rumor/info?

ETA: Look, there's new sticky about 2018 dining plans at the top of the page!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!