Question about ECV use and Fantasmic.

ChrissyLou

Sufferin' Sassafras!
Planning next trip, but I have a significant foot injury that is still healing (it is a one to two year process apparently, and 6 months in I believe it). So I would plan to rent an ECV for use to get from hotel to parks and use when traveling from different lands to save my foot, but would park it and walk around the different areas for the most part. Its good for the healing process to walk as much as I can, but walking around DL is very different than just normal day to day walking, so I know that use of the ECV would be the best way to manage. I don't believe the situation would qualify for a DAS, my question, for Fantasmic, we have normally just used the regular FP and never had a problem getting a great spot because we show up early and then sit and wait until directed to stand up for the show. I would not be able to manage sitting for that length of time because you really can't spread out (legs), sitting cross legged would be putting stress and pain right on the affected area. If I explained this to a CM would they allow me to wait outside the seated area and join my family (who would be seated, waiting as we usually do) when its time to stand for the show. I've seen people walk in and join groups, with food and/or maybe from a bathroom break, but I feel like those people are given dirty looks and people are annoyed and I don't want to be that person. Any suggestions?

I would get a DAS. That will open up all of your options to use throughout the day. Including alternatives for Fantasmic. You don't have to use the DAS for everything but knowing you have the choice would relieve a lot of potential stress. The Fantasmic question you asked is a perfect example. Get the FP and ask the person at the machines what options are for your situation.

PHXscuba

A DAS would probably not be given in your situation since it's strictly mobility-related, but there are Fantasmic areas dedicated for ECV's and wheelchairs. So you would be able to wait in your ECV and not have to sit on the ground.

I haven't seen anything posted recently, but here's a thread from a year ago that may help: How do you see Fantasmic and WOC with a scooter?

A DAS would probably not be given in your situation since it's strictly mobility-related, but there are Fantasmic areas dedicated for ECV's and wheelchairs...
Agree with this. CMs have gotten more strict about not giving DAS for issues that can be resolved with a mobility device.
OP: if you get a F! dining package, e.g. HB, your family will be able to view together in the same area. You will be in the back and stay on your ECV. Your family will be seated on the ground wherever they choose to sit in their area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter