Question about EE and Trip in General

MickyMommy

Earning My Ears
We are planning on going to Disneyland July 11-13. I am hoping to catch a break in people between the fourth and the 17th. We are going to be using the early entry and kinda have a plan down but I was wondering, how early can you wander over to other lands and get fastpasses. What would be a good plan for this? Get FP for Roger Rabbit as soon as toontown opens and then get it for Indy? Buzz? Splash?

Any ideas from anyone will be welcome.

Also, has anyone done the Build a Bear? How long does that take? Do they have the Disney Bear Characters there?

And, Does anyone think Medieval Times is worth the cash? I am thinking about letting my husband and his son go without me and my daughter to save some money even though I like to do things together as a family. I figure me and her can go over to DTD and Build a Bear to celebrate her birthday.

Thank you,

Tina

You won't be able to go into other lands or get FPs until official park opening. Roger Rabbit is a disconnected FP machine--meaning it won't block you out from getting a FP if you already have one and you can hold one for that ride and get another. ETA Toontown doesn't open for an hour after the rest of the park opens.

I've never been into Build a Bear, but I think they have some Disney outfits.

I loved Medieval Times back in the early 90s, but I haven't been in many years.

MickyMommy said:
We are planning on going to Disneyland July 11-13. I am hoping to catch a break in people between the fourth and the 17th. We are going to be using the early entry and kinda have a plan down but I was wondering, how early can you wander over to other lands and get fastpasses. What would be a good plan for this? Get FP for Roger Rabbit as soon as toontown opens and then get it for Indy? Buzz? Splash?
Fastpasses are available when DL officially opens (I think 8AM on your days). RR is a disconnected FP, so you can get that and any other at DL at the same time. Right now, all other DL Fastpass rides are connected.

Be aware that Toontown opens early to selected guests for Toontown Madness on EE days. Thus the lines in TT will be shorter when it opens on non-EE days.

If you want to collect Fastpasses, then the rule is: after you get your first FP, you cannot get another until the FP time window starts or two hours have passed, whichever is first. You can thus easily collect three or four FP by noon if you try.

Another unofficial rule is that while you cannot use the FP until the window opens, the FP is accepted any time the rest of the day, even after its one-hour window has passed.

I like to get Splash FP in the morning and hold it until it gets hot, then go on Splash.

Looks like your fastpass questions have been answered, so I'll try a few others.

Depending on crowds, Build A Bear can take 30 min - 1 hour. They do have some exclusive Disney outfits that are really cute. But be prepared, it can get pricey since each peice is sold separately (there are some collections though). So by the time you get shoes, clothes, hat/crown, etc, you're spending quite a bit for your bear.

Depending on your daughter's age, a lot of folks have enjoyed Club Libby Lu. The girls get a make over and photo shoot. The staff really gets into and takes the girls outside to perform a dance routine in their new glamour outfits. I have a son, so I've never gotten to play.

Thanks for the responses. I did my reading on the fastpass strategy but I feel like I am going to have to study and take a test before I get it down. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am checking with AAA today to see if their prices on the tickets are the same as the discounted one's on Disneyland.com. They also said I could get all of the benefits of a package with just the ticket purchase. That might mean I can get the multiple fast passes. Oh no, more studying. :earseek:

I looked online at the Build A Bear site so I have a handle on the prices. It is what my daughter wants for her 4th birthday so she can go a little overboard. That tinkerbell bear is way too cute!!

I did see Libby Lu when I was there in March and I think my daughter is a little young yet. I actually checked into that franchise and found out it is not one. They are all owned by Saks or Bloomingdales, one of those high rent department stores. So much for getting one in Fresno. :confused3

I think what we are going to do is send the boys to Medieval Time and me and the birthday girl will have a nice night out on our own making a bear. Or bears (Mom might get caught up ya know :banana: )

Now where to sit for the parades and fireworks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter