Question about FOP

kmoroc

Earning My Ears
I would like to hear from people who have ridden FOP as to how much you must bend your knees and if the knees have to rest against something. I cannot bend my knees much past 90 degrees and can't have any pressure on them. Thanks in advance for any information people can share.

It’s sort of like sitting on a motorcycle cycle. Definitely not 90 degree angle. The restraint does come up on to the back of your calves.

It has been a while since I last rode FOP, but I am almost certain you must bend your knees past 90 degrees. Here's a video of the seat. You can see when she sits in it how much her knees are bent.

I'm not sure if this will help, but it was like bending if you were a horse racer. The restraint does lock you in - meaning it doesn't give you a lot of wiggle room.

I would like to hear from people who have ridden FOP as to how much you must bend your knees and if the knees have to rest against something. I cannot bend my knees much past 90 degrees and can't have any pressure on them. Thanks in advance for any information people can share.
The device will hold onto your calves, but not your kneecaps. It might indirectly place pressure on them, as you will rest your knees against the front. Your legs will probably have to bend tighter than 90 degrees.

Last edited:
The device will hold onto your calves, but not your kneecaps. It might indirectly place pressure on them, as you will rest your knees against the front. Your legs will probably have to bend tighter than 90 degrees.
Thanks for the information.

Thank you for the information

I'm not sure if this will help, but it was like bending if you were a horse racer. The restraint does lock you in - meaning it doesn't give you a lot of wiggle room.
This does help give me a picture. Thank you

It has been a while since I last rode FOP, but I am almost certain you must bend your knees past 90 degrees. Here's a video of the seat. You can see when she sits in it how much her knees are bent.

Thank you and the video gave me great information.

I encourage you to try the test seat and possibly the real seat (if you have a FP), but I do think you might have some challenges and would encourage you not to ride if you feel discomfort during the test(s). You simply won’t enjoy the ride experience.

I am recovering from a knee injury and was at Disney last month. At the time, I could *just* bend my knee to 90°. To ride FOP, you definitely have to have range of motion beyond that. The issue is the way the ride vehicle is designed: they expect you to be able to fold your legs a bit or at least lean forward against the chest restraint, which puts extra strain on your knee joint if you cannot bend it enough. You must also be prepared for a random effect that puts slight pressure on the inside of your knee. For most people, it’s nothing. For people with an injury like a torn ligament in that area, it can be painful.

I posted my experience riding FOP and with other rides in the disABILITY forum a few weeks ago if it’s helpful. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts