• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about My Points

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
I'm fairly new to My Points and have a couple of questions for anyone who has used this.

1. I know you can redeem your points for an actual card (like a gift card I imagine) and there is a charge applied to receive it. Does anyone know what this fee is?

2. Can these cards be used in Disney?
I read on a different site that they are accepted anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Is this true?

Thanks for any information you can give me! I am in the early planning stages for a trip next year and am looking for any way to save money!

Colleen:wave:

I have always used mine to get Olive Garden gift cards (also good a Bahama Breeze - a nice Orlando restaurant) and there has never been any charge to get them. I haven't used the "generic" gift cards, so am not sure where you'd be able to use them.

You can redeem your points for a webcertificate. Which is like a mastercard debit card. After you redeem for it, and open you account, you can use it online anywhere. Or if you want the plastic card to take to disney with you or take it to the disney store, you can call them and they charge $6.95 for it, but it is a one time fee. Also, any webcertificates that you or any family member get from mypoints or any of the other rewards programs can be put all into the same account.

The card is accepted anywhere mastercard is. I have been using mine to buy park hopper passes from the disney website, and also to pay on my room ressie through Dreams Unlimited.

You can also go over to the rewards board here at the DIS and get a ton of information about mypoints and the other programs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter