Question about Off-Site Hotels

disneyfor5

Mouseketeer
Have a 3 day pass for Universal and will be staying off site this vacation. I see a lot about Doubletree, which seems to be the closets off-site hotel to Universal. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good hotel for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 14 year old's)..I read the Drury Inn and the Hampton Inn both include breakfast which I thought that was a nice plus. Also was looking at the Pointe and Hilton Garden Inn which do not include breakfasts but seem ok too.. Has Anyone stayed at these or have any other nice suggestions? Thanks so much!

I haven't stayed offsite, so I can't help there. Have you ruled out the onsite value hotels (Cabana Bay, Aventura, Endless Summer nights)? You might not have to spend much more to stay at those, especially if you can get an APH rate. Then you'd have bus service to the parks, or can walk to SF to catch the boat. It also gives you an extra hour in one of the parks each morning.

It really depends on what amenities/experiences you're seeking, and I'm happy to respond further if you have any specific concerns/questions in mind.

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree (comfortable bed, room was clean and a good size, although it may feel less spacious with four people). I can't speak to the amenities or the breakfast, as I was mostly in the parks the entire time. Doubletree is a decent walking distance to CityWalk (about a 15-20 minute walk) and a short drive (maybe 5 minutes at most). I used Uber/Lyft before Universal implemented the new charges for pickups/dropoffs and it was around $6-7 (although it looks like the fares have gone up by a dollar or so) to get to CityWalk.

Having stayed at Cabana Bay recently, the extra hour and shuttle service weren't really perks for me; I was at Universal long enough to do most of what I wanted and I found that using the shuttle bus took a little longer (not by much!) than taking Uber/Lyft.

Drury Inn includes breakfast and dinner. We’ve stayed there several times and love it! I also love Cabana Bay, but it was $100 a night cheaper for us to stay at the Drury last summer and with free food, especially with teenagers, it was worth it. We had a car so we drove to City Walk. They have shuttles, but you need to sign up ahead of time. I’d take Uber or Lyft before a I did that.

I have 3 friends that stayed at the Drury Inn near Universal
They were pleased with the hotel price and room

The breakfast offerings the hotel had, they liked a lot

I mostly stay off site because of available vacancy (let alone cheaper) as On sites are always booked. I did on site last few years during HHN as my friends have AP's, booked the rooms and I had only split cost, which is cheaper then off site lol. Silly question, has anyone stayed off site and walked to Surfside for the buses?

Many people walk or take the water taxi to the premier hotels (PB,RP,HR) during the day and evenings to shop or dine at those hotels when they are staying offsite

I assume the other hotels would welcome offsite guests use the bus to visit

To use the water taxis from City Walk to 4 of the hotels during HHN once it is midnight, person has to show their hotel card

Have not read anywhere onsite busses require hotel ID check

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!