Question about renting 2 studios

camtheriot

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 6 (5 and 1 under the age of 3), and I am debating on whether or not to rent a one bedroom villa or 2 studios. If I do rent 2 studios, is there a pretty good possibility that I can get them close together if I request it? Not sure how DVC works. I know they won't "guarantee " it but I would live to hear if anyone has done this before or has any knowledge on this. Thanks!!

Sorry, I think I may have posted on the wrong board!! Didn't realize this was "purchasing DVC" board

We are a family of 6 (5 and 1 under the age of 3), and I am debating on whether or not to rent a one bedroom villa or 2 studios. If I do rent 2 studios, is there a pretty good possibility that I can get them close together if I request it? Not sure how DVC works. I know they won't "guarantee " it but I would love to hear if anyone has done this before or has any knowledge on this. Thanks!!

.definitely 1 BR. Studios would be hit or miss. With a 1BR you will appreciate having a full kitchen, even if it's just for breakfast, and having a living room.

We are a family of 6 (5 and 1 under the age of 3), and I am debating on whether or not to rent a one bedroom villa or 2 studios. If I do rent 2 studios, is there a pretty good possibility that I can get them close together if I request it? Not sure how DVC works. I know they won't "guarantee " it but I would love to hear if anyone has done this before or has any knowledge on this. Thanks!!

There is no guarantee that two studios will be close. Sometimes they might be on the same floor, maybe on different floors but one over the other or maybe different buildings.

If you do two studios, one adult at least 18 years old will need to be in each. You can't just have children in a studio. And two studios never connect.

With a family of five plus one under the age of three, you would need a one bedroom villa that officially sleeps five - OKW, BLT or AKV (not the value villas). The others officially sleep four.

Sorry, I think I may have posted on the wrong board!! Didn't realize this was "purchasing DVC" board

No problem - I moved it to the DVC Resorts Board for you. :)

The room assigners will try to locate the studios close together if there is a note on both reservations requesting that. However, it may be very difficult to do since it depends on what they have available on the day you check in.

Also, there will need to be at least one adult (over 18) in each room.

I'd probably go with the one bedroom in your situation. If you choose BLT or AKV - Kidani, you'll get 2 bathrooms, and a sleep chair for the 5th person. The 1 bedroom at OKW & and AKV-Jambo also have the sleep chair but only one bathroom. The big advantages to the 1 bedroom (IMO) is the washer/dryer, the jacuzzi tub and the full kitchen (and you will all be together). You can pack less and easily prepare some meals in the unit.

Merged the threads from Purchasing & Resorts.

We are a family of 6 (5 and 1 under the age of 3), and I am debating on whether or not to rent a one bedroom villa or 2 studios. If I do rent 2 studios, is there a pretty good possibility that I can get them close together if I request it? Not sure how DVC works. I know they won't "guarantee " it but I would live to hear if anyone has done this before or has any knowledge on this. Thanks!!
I'd do a 1 BR that sleeps 5 plus the infant. AKV Kidani, BLT and OKW are likely the best for this. Of course you could get a 2 BR for roughly 25% more and have more reasonable options maybe BWV standard or AKV value would likely be the cheapest options along with OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter