Question about rooms

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about getting either a one-bedroom or two-bedroom villa for my bridesmaids and me to get ready in before the wedding. What is normal practice for this. Do I book the room and then my bridesmaids get to sleep there the night of my wedding and I move into a different room with my new husband?

Originally I was thinking booking it for two nights and then the night of the wedding I go there with my husband and my bridesmaids go back to their own rooms. But I was talking to my friend and she said that's not how it's done.

I'm thinking about getting either a one-bedroom or two-bedroom villa for my bridesmaids and me to get ready in before the wedding. What is normal practice for this. Do I book the room and then my bridesmaids get to sleep there the night of my wedding and I move into a different room with my new husband?

Originally I was thinking booking it for two nights and then the night of the wedding I go there with my husband and my bridesmaids go back to their own rooms. But I was talking to my friend and she said that's not how it's done.
It's honestly up to you. It's probably easier for you and your hubby to stay in the villa you had the night before because you don't have to schlep your stuff to move to the new room the day of the wedding like we did - it was annoying and hubby was stressed (that was his job :laughing:).

Also if you book the room for only one night (and that one night is the wedding night) you aren’t guaranteed that it will be ready until 4pm, which is probably too late if you’re planning to get ready there. Conversely if you book for only one night the night before the wedding checkout is at 11am and they won’t guarantee a late checkup, which might not give you enough time to get ready depending on the time of your ceremony.

Also if you book the room for only one night (and that one night is the wedding night) you aren’t guaranteed that it will be ready until 4pm, which is probably too late if you’re planning to get ready there. Conversely if you book for only one night the night before the wedding checkout is at 11am and they won’t guarantee a late checkup, which might not give you enough time to get ready depending on the time of your ceremony.
The wedding will be at 7:30pm. Would a 4pm check in not be enough time to get ready?

The wedding will be at 7:30pm. Would a 4pm check in not be enough time to get ready?
It will depend on how many people are having services, if you’re doing a first look, where the ceremony is, which hotel you’re staying at, if you want pre-ceremony pictures. My ceremony was at noon with a first look, I needed to be ready by 11 and it was only my sister and I having hair and makeup but we have a TON of hair. H&MU arrived at 7am and it took 2 of them the full 4 hours to have us ready.
C45D4790-70FC-4341-8F1D-16B7C47B498F.jpeg

My No. 1 piece of advice is as stated above: Do not give yourself the hassle and stress of checking in or out on your wedding day. Book the villa for 2 or more nights. Your bridesmaids can stay with you or not. Just send your groom to stay in a friend or family member's room the night before the wedding.

We rented DVC points for a studio for the first 5 nights of our honeymoon, including the night before the wedding. My husband stayed with his cousin that night and then joined me for the rest of the nights.

It will depend on how many people are having services, if you’re doing a first look, where the ceremony is, which hotel you’re staying at, if you want pre-ceremony pictures. My ceremony was at noon with a first look, I needed to be ready by 11 and it was only my sister and I having hair and makeup but we have a TON of hair. H&MU arrived at 7am and it took 2 of them the full 4 hours to have us ready.
View attachment 283307

Your picture is so pretty!

Then two nights would definitely be better. I'll have four bridesmaids plus myself. I want to do all that you mentioned above.

My No. 1 piece of advice is as stated above: Do not give yourself the hassle and stress of checking in or out on your wedding day. Book the villa for 2 or more nights. Your bridesmaids can stay with you or not. Just send your groom to stay in a friend or family member's room the night before the wedding.

We rented DVC points for a studio for the first 5 nights of our honeymoon, including the night before the wedding. My husband stayed with his cousin that night and then joined me for the rest of the nights.

Would it be easier to just have my bridesmaids stay in a different room and come over to mine to get ready? My friend made it sound like it would be expected for me to pay for my bridesmaids to stay in the room without me.

Your picture is so pretty!

Then two nights would definitely be better. I'll have four bridesmaids plus myself. I want to do all that you mentioned above.

Would it be easier to just have my bridesmaids stay in a different room and come over to mine to get ready? My friend made it sound like it would be expected for me to pay for my bridesmaids to stay in the room without me.
Thank you!

I really don’t think you’re expected to pay for them to stay somewhere either the night before or the night of the wedding, but I’m not up on all the Emily Post stuff. I would probably have them just come over at a set time to get ready with you (maybe entice them with lunch first?)

Thank you!

I really don’t think you’re expected to pay for them to stay somewhere either the night before or the night of the wedding, but I’m not up on all the Emily Post stuff. I would probably have them just come over at a set time to get ready with you (maybe entice them with lunch first?)
Thanks, that's a good idea I think I'll do that instead.

I’m booking a room and staying in it with my mom the night before the wedding, and my DF is staying at a room with his friends. The night of the wedding, my mom will move over to her own room and my new hubby will join me in the room I shared with my mom. I’m having my 4 bridesmaids meet me in my room at 11:00am for a 5pm ceremony to start hair and makeup and pictures. We’re having Panera delivered to the resort for lunch. I’ve NEVER heard of having to pay for your bridesmaids rooms at the hotel the night before the wedding!

I’m booking a room and staying in it with my mom the night before the wedding, and my DF is staying at a room with his friends. The night of the wedding, my mom will move over to her own room and my new hubby will join me in the room I shared with my mom. I’m having my 4 bridesmaids meet me in my room at 11:00am for a 5pm ceremony to start hair and makeup and pictures. We’re having Panera delivered to the resort for lunch. I’ve NEVER heard of having to pay for your bridesmaids rooms at the hotel the night before the wedding!
Thanks, I thought it sounded weird when my friend said it. My friend that suggested it is single and everyone else has a boyfriend they will be staying with so that might have made her want to avoid booking a room.

I didn't know you could have food delivered to the room, that's great to know! Do you just tell them your room number or do you go to the front desk to pick it up?

I didn't know you could have food delivered to the room, that's great to know! Do you just tell them your room number or do you go to the front desk to pick it up?

I think they just deliver it to the front desk, but even then its just a quick pop down to grab it. I'll probably send my mom or a bridesmaid down to grab it from the front desk. Yeah I was so relieved when I heard they delivered too! A real life saver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!