Question about seat assignment on plane

gusmydog

Earning My Ears
We finally booked our flight to Orlando directly through the Delta website. Then, after I purchased, out popped our seat assignments. On the flight down (from NC), 3 of us (we are a family of 5) are seated together. My DH is seated somewhere totally different and beside my mother's name it said "Not assigned". Okay, should I panic? What does that mean? Does it mean that they have overbooked the flight and she might not have a seat because getting bumped is not an option for us. We have a 3 and a 5-year old that would just not be happy campers in the airport for a different flight. I know that they give really good vouchers or additional tickets if this happens to you but we really don't want this to happen! Tell me if I should start worrying or do I need to call Delta directly or something?

Do NOT panic. The flight is not necessarily oversold. They retain a number of seats to assign closer to the flight date or even at the airport.

It sounds like you would be more comfortable with an actual seat assignment, however, so go ahead and call Delta and see if they can assign a seat.

Good luck,
Peggy

When I booked our flights on Delta, I was allowed to choose my seat. When I go now to check on my flights, I also have the option to modify/change the seat assignments. Did you try that? The option comes up when you go to the section on "My Itineraries".

Can you only do that if you booked online. Since I had vouchers, I had to book on the phone. TIA.

Originally posted by mrsstats
Can you only do that if you booked online. Since I had vouchers, I had to book on the phone. TIA.

I don't know the answer to your question. I booked through Orbitz (online service similar to Travelocity and Expedia), but my reservation did show up on Delta's web site. Seat assignments did NOT show up on Orbitz. I found them only after checking Delta's site. I was pleased and surprised to see my reservation on the Delta site since I hadn't booked online directly with them. For some reason, Orbitz had a better price than the Delta site itself the day I booked.

If you are a member of Delta's frequent flyer club, try entering your number and pin (on their home page) and selecting the "My Itineraries" as the place to start. If your reservation shows up, you are in luck! If not, you will have to call and deal with the Delta agent. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter