Question for All Pal Mickey Owners...

davandflav

Mouseketeer
I've read many positive reviews about Pal Mickey on the boards, mostly about the cute things he says as you exit rides, and trivia tidbits. Did anyone who has used him find his hints about short ride lines particularly useful? I really haven't heard these comments mentioned a lot, and was very curious as to how often he gives you these tips, about which rides, etc. Thanks in advance for any answers!

Chrissy:D

Originally posted by davandflav
Did anyone who has used him find his hints about short ride lines particularly useful? I really haven't heard these comments mentioned a lot, and was very curious as to how often he gives you these tips, about which rides, etc.

I remember reading this as a "benefit". For the day and a half I used him there wasn't one such tip. Funny jokes, parade reminders and info on the park itself.

Sandy

Our Pal Mickey told us our first night that there was no wait at Star Tours--he was right!! We were there from 7/30 - 8/6 at FTP peak (very crowded), so I'm not sure many other rides had short wait times ;) We loved him and we can't wait to bring him back next year!!

We had him in every park last week, and I had him most of the time, and I never heard one announcement about the lines; I got a plenty of trivia, and a plenty of jokes; but that may have been due to the long lines; there weren't any less than 30 minutes so I didn't expect any news.

Thanks for posting this question we will be there shortly and that will be one of the first purchases we make once we get there. It will be for our DS 6 but I know he will get passed around plenty :D

My 6 YO daughter and 4 YO son love Mickey, and liked the jokes and games more than any of the other stuff.
I had to let my son bring him to bed last night; we just got back from WDW and found his Ginuea Pig was dead. We had people staying here, adn he was ok on Thursday, but by Saturday he was gone.:( Mickey was the only way to get him to stay in bed.

Sorry about your piggy.... why do pets always wait until you go on vacation to die.....:( :( :( :(

Oh John, how sad for your son. Same thing happened to us in '99. Our cat died while we were in WDW. Glad to hear that Pal Mickey helped. My Katie loves hers. How did you like the IllumiNations cruise?? We loved ours. Everyone said it was well worth the cost.

I personally wouldn't buy another one of these. Thank goddness my in-laws brought it back to us as a gift one trip. It is a pain to carry around, is too quiet, we missed most everything it said and when we did catch it it was mostly just the corny jokes. It is basically a $50 stuffed animal for my 2 year old to drag around. Even my 5 year wasn't interested in the thing at all. I don't think these will last. I didn't really see many people with them. Maybe they should make them smaller and a tad louder., but not too loud to be disturbing to others.

Originally posted by davandflav
I've read many positive reviews about Pal Mickey on the boards, mostly about the cute things he says as you exit rides, and trivia tidbits. Did anyone who has used him find his hints about short ride lines particularly useful? I really haven't heard these comments mentioned a lot, and was very curious as to how often he gives you these tips, about which rides, etc. Thanks in advance for any answers!

Chrissy:D

Mickey told us that the line was short for Buzz Lightyear just as we were leaving Tomorrowland at E-ride closing. He was right, but ... We had him turned off most of E-ride night since it has been raining, and the other times that we had used him, there weren't a lot of short lines. We regretted not getting him earlier in our trip because we didn't get to use him throughout all of the parks. My 12-year old DS loves him, and I find him entertaining as well.

Hi Goofy4tink, I thought the Illuminations cruise was great; we hda a full boat, and most of the people on hadn't seen Illuminations ever before, so it was great. The captain was great, with plenty of info while we were cruising around, too.

Thanks for all your replies! It seems like the jury's still out on this one... It just seems like if this feature worked well, it may be the number one reason an adult would buy a Pal Mickey. Anyone have any other experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter