question for anyone with a slide-out

camper

Mouseketeer
When the slide out is not pulled out is the camper still useable? We often stop at rest areas and go in the camper to eat or rest. Would this be difficult with a slide out?

We have a class c Minnie and the space is fine with the slide-out in. It may be different in a travel-trailer, though.

Barbara
238 days to go

our trailer is still usable with the slide in . it is tight but can be done. The slide is the best part of the trailer for us, the amount of extra room is great.

Are you thinking of buying a trailer with a slide-out? We just LOVE ours. We can get into ours with the slide in which helps soooo much to load it and unload it in our garage. When you go to look ask them to bump it in, and walk in it, there are some with wonderful dressers etc. that are unaccessable with it bumped in, that would be hard to load. The slide makes so much difference in the space inside, I could not go back to the other kind now.:D

You'd have to go in the camper while the slide out was in and see if it works for your needs and floorplan. There will be some things you can't do, but where it is will depend on what that is. Motorhomes are usually a little more usable with it in, I believe, since you're supposed to be able to walk around a little while you're going down the road.

Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I'm just dreaming about a bigger camper, for now. Stopped at our rv dealers last weekend and just had to look around. I would love to get a bigger trailer but first I would have to get a bigger rig to pull it with. So it probably won't be for another couple of years. But I like to dream about it anyway!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter