Question for ladies only....

And the pads/tampons in the bathrooms are expensive ($1-$1.50 for one). Although convenient in the case of 'emergency,' they are pricey.

Yes....in an emergency they are a blessing. Poor DD came out of a WDW bathroom last March with a paniced look on her face. I clued in right away what the problem was. I sent poor DH for change and thankfully the machine worked. However supplies for the rest of the week from the resort set me back a small fortune!!!:rotfl: I have made it a mission since then to always have something with me and to pack lots even if everyone says they won't need them:lmao:

Think you should bring your own - then you can have on hand the type/brand you're used to!

Bring your own. There are few things in the world as personal as a woman's choice in a tampon. When it comes to stuff like that it is not worth "winging it". Heck, i'de carry around my own roll of Charmin toilet paper if I thought no one would look at me strange. :)

I try to chart mine so I will be there when I am not in need of one. But since I am 36 and have 2 kids it is likely it will happen anyway. I bring them just in case. If not I will have my car to run to Wally world.

While there in December many of the dispensers were either empty or broken. I only saw a couple during our whole 10 days there that worked. Definately take your own. They are also expensive.

Update from the OP....

We are in Orlando right now, and like some of you said, many of the dispensers are broken. I carried my own, and I'm glad I did. The price is 50 cents each...if the dispenser actually works, lol. :confused3

I try to chart mine so I will be there when I am not in need of one. But since I am 36 and have 2 kids it is likely it will happen anyway. I bring them just in case. If not I will have my car to run to Wally world.

I am 35, and after 20 years of perfectly predictable cycles and nearly 10 years of charting, somebody decided to show up at WDW the morning of our arrival about 11 days early and camp out for the next 13 days! After running some tests to rule out a bunch of things, the doctor shrugged her shoulders and told me sometimes your body just does weird things. Now I will always carry a few supplies in my purse and pack more. I didn't enjoy several days of overpriced tampons in a brand I loathe.

well, unless you consider the alternative of being pregnant instead! :scared1:

I've been "unexpectedly" pregnant on both our trips. 5 weeks the first time, and nine weeks the next time. I think I would have rather had a period than been unable to go on any ride I wanted and dealing with morning sickness. I definitely won't be pregnant next time, so I'll have to remember all of this advice on bringing your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter