Question help about reservations.

fireman17

"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day t
Hello all,
My DW and I just became members on our last August trip and are very excited about it as can be expected. My DW has a credit from Southwest that she'll lose by the end of the year so, we want to go back to WDW at the end of November.
We put in a request on line and the response we received informed us that we were going on the wait list due to no availability.
My question is would we have better luck calling in a request for our dates instead of being on a wait list?
We realize this is last minute request but we went to WDW in December of 06 and just loved being there for the holiday season.
TIA.

I know the online form asks for first and second choice, so maybe no other alternatives were looked at. I'd personally give them a call as you never know they may be able to work something out for you, or if not waitlist you at a resort more likely to have cancellations such as OKW or SSR as they are larger.

Claire ;)

I'd call in. Reservations change all of the time and by calling in MS can check with the most up to date info.

Have a fun trip! We're going in November also! :thumbsup2

One of the reasons making online reservations by email is difficult is that you are only getting a limited look at what is available. Basically what you request. If you call MS, you can discuss with them what is available and make your choices from there.

When you call, be sure to go back over the waitlist and be sure you thoroughly understand the waitlist process.

Also be sure they have waitlisted you as you want -- when someone is operating only with an email, it's easy to misunderstand your exact intent. It's very important to have the waitlist exactly right, because they now fill them automatically and you won't get another chance to fine-tune anything.

You may also get lucky. We occasionally hear of people who call to check on their waitlist being told, "Hold on a minute..." and then the CM comes back on the line and tells them their waitlist "...just came through." Apparently pixie dust sometimes pops up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter