Question on 2+2 tickets

jdrasin

Mouseketeer
The 4 of us are going to be going to all 3 parks for 5 days in mid-september. We have an annual pass rate on our hotel, so at least one of us needs a seasonal AP, but for the other 3 I wasn't sure the best route. Can we buy the 2+2 promo ticket from UT and then upgrade it to a 5 day as if it were a 4 day? Should we just bite the bullet and buy 5 day tickets from Universal or UT?

Thanks,
Joseph

I bought the 2+1 from UT and I'm going to upgrade to a seasonal pass in Mid September. In the past few years, they've used gate price of the ticket for upgrades. There is currently not a 2+1 offered by Universal and my ticket says 3 day ticket. So, I'm assuming I'll get credit for the 3 day price towards my seasonal pass. Since you're not going during a blackout period, upgrading to a seasonal might be better for you as well.

I would say ask for the price to upgrade to a seasonal pass as well as to add one day. It may be cheaper to get the pass.

I would say ask for the price to upgrade to a seasonal pass as well as to add one day. It may be cheaper to get the pass.

So buy 1 AP (for our hotel discount) and then 3 2+2s for the rest of us? And then upgrade by adding a day?

I would just buy 4 2+2's right now. You pay full price for AP's if you buy them online, but if you buy tickets online you get a discount. When you upgrade a ticket in the park, the full value carries through, so you end up getting a discount (I saved about $10/AP by upgrading a ticket). You don't need the AP for the hotel discount until you checkout. On your first day in the park, after you get into the park, upgrade one to an AP. It may be cheaper to upgrade all 4 to AP's instead of an extra day, so ask for both prices first.

I paid $138.45 to upgrade my 2+2 to a Preferred AP and $31.95 to upgrade a 2+2 to Seasonal pass.

My Preferred AP has well paid for itself in free parking ($20/day) and discounts in merchandise and food (10%).

I would just buy 4 2+2's right now. You pay full price for AP's if you buy them online, but if you buy tickets online you get a discount. When you upgrade a ticket in the park, the full value carries through, so you end up getting a discount (I saved about $10/AP by upgrading a ticket). You don't need the AP for the hotel discount until you checkout. On your first day in the park, after you get into the park, upgrade one to an AP. It may be cheaper to upgrade all 4 to AP's instead of an extra day, so ask for both prices first.

I paid $138.45 to upgrade my 2+2 to a Preferred AP and $31.95 to upgrade a 2+2 to Seasonal pass.

My Preferred AP has well paid for itself in free parking ($20/day) and discounts in merchandise and food (10%).

I assume I can just get these through UT and bring those to the park. Sorry for all the questions, first time attendee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter