• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question on drink mugs

mb4cy

If you can dream it, you can do it
Our family joined DVC last year and we're making our first trip to the villas in Dec. We've stayed at Port Orleans our last two visits and love the drink mugs! Does anyone know if you can get those at Saratoga Springs or Boardwalk Villas?

I actually heard something that Disney was going to change from resort specific mugs to a generic one. As to when it will happen, I do not know. I am hoping to be able to get a VWL mug during our Labor Day weekend trip. It would be a shame if they do replace with the generic mugs.

The resorts board has had a number of threads on the new refillable mugs. Here's a link to one of the earliest threads:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1400135

According to those threads it has been stated that all of the resorts have now switched to selling the generic YOAMD refillable mugs except GF, CR, CSR, and FW campgrounds. (Although occasionally one or another of the resorts has run out and ended up selling another mug - for example I had read that SSR had switched to a "Spring DVC" mug in May but they are now back to the YOAMD mug according to a friend of mine who was there last week.)

In any case, to answer the OP's original question, both SSR and BWV sell refillable mugs. Although in my experience at both resorts it's less convenient to use them at these resorts than the moderates and values due to location of rooms vs. refill locations unless you're at the main pool.

HTH! :)

It's so much easier to fill up your refrigerator with your favorite beverages and to refill a mug at a DVC resort since there are no food courts. VWL does have Roaring Forks (but it's a hike from the villas). BCV does have the Marketplace, but it's not near the pool. BWV has the BW Bakery (not near the resort). OKW has Goods to Go (near the themed pool and limited hours). SSR has Artist's Palette (near the main pool).

Our family joined DVC last year and we're making our first trip to the villas in Dec. We've stayed at Port Orleans our last two visits and love the drink mugs! Does anyone know if you can get those at Saratoga Springs or Boardwalk Villas?

I am pretty sure all DVC/Disney resorts have the refillable mugs... Not interchangeable though.

just back from BWV we too LOVED the drink refills at POR and purchased them on every trip.

Alas, I agree with many posters that it is NOT convenient to refill the mugs at BWV. The pool bar is not open late....they would pour the soda into a dixie-sized paper cup and it wouldn't even fill the mug. Of course I would then ask for an additional cup so I could at least have a full mug and troop all the way back to the room. (the mugs are the small coffee sized ones)

Refilling from the bakery was the exact opposite although a longer hike. Open until 11 pm, they would give you a full sized paper glass of pop (equiv of a 'large') which contained more soda than would fit in your mug. I much prefer that problem. I wish they had a refill station somewhere on the BWV.

from our experience, the bakery workers were much more accommodating when asking for refills. I found the bar tenders a bit snooty :snooty: when I asked for refills. (not that that stopped me from trooping up there with four mugs)

In retrospect, I would follow the advise of Deb and Bill and buy soda for your room. We spent over $50 for our 4 mugs and had to work to get them to pay off.

just back from BWV we too LOVED the drink refills at POR and purchased them on every trip.

Alas, I agree with many posters that it is NOT convenient to refill the mugs at BWV. The pool bar is not open late....they would pour the soda into a dixie-sized paper cup and it wouldn't even fill the mug. Of course I would then ask for an additional cup so I could at least have a full mug and troop all the way back to the room. (the mugs are the small coffee sized ones)

Refilling from the bakery was the exact opposite although a longer hike. Open until 11 pm, they would give you a full sized paper glass of pop (equiv of a 'large') which contained more soda than would fit in your mug. I much prefer that problem. I wish they had a refill station somewhere on the BWV.

from our experience, the bakery workers were much more accommodating when asking for refills. I found the bar tenders a bit snooty :snooty: when I asked for refills. (not that that stopped me from trooping up there with four mugs)

In retrospect, I would follow the advise of Deb and Bill and buy soda for your room. We spent over $50 for our 4 mugs and had to work to get them to pay off.

I am surprised... They didn't fill your MUGS? just gave you dixie cup refill? I guess I am used to Vero Beach, where you can refill your own mug at the refill station...

I am surprised... They didn't fill your MUGS? just gave you dixie cup refill? I guess I am used to Vero Beach, where you can refill your own mug at the refill station...

Nope, no one touched our mugs, gave us disposable cups. We ended up dangling our mugs from our fingers and carrying the cups up to our room a lot of times.

I wish they had a refill station too. Do other DVC resorts have that besides VB?

Nope, no one touched our mugs, gave us disposable cups. We ended up dangling our mugs from our fingers and carrying the cups up to our room a lot of times.

I wish they had a refill station too. Do other DVC resorts have that besides VB?

Actually, Just few weeks ago at HHI they took our mugs to refill, but they gave us a full refill. I didn't really like it because I felt like I was imposing... disposible cups though... what a waste of resourses... I guess VB is different.. Of course it is... what am I thinking.... you should try VB...

We were at WDW two/three weeks ago. In Artist's Pallete at SSR, they have a refill station that members can walk up to and fill the mugs. Not sure how they refill at the pool. At OKW, they fill it up for you into the mug. We were specifically told at both SSR and OKW that the mugs were all the same (they were) and we could use them at any resort, and not just for the time of our stay at that particular resort but rather our entire trip (we changed resorts halfway through our stay). I guess their policy changed with the generic mug? Before it was just for your time of stay and only at that resort.

Last week they were selling the generic mugs at OKW (I was kind of disappointed, I wanted an OKW mug). I do enjoy getting the mugs and going out each morning to get coffee and then walking around the resorts, drinking my coffee and taking pictures. I always get up earlier before DW and this gives her a chance to get a little extra sleep. I usually end up in the resort lobby catching up on the news on my cell phone/PDA. At OKW the way the handled the coffee refill was to pour coffee into a carafe then the person poured the coffee from the carafe into your mug. I bet for health reasons they can't take your mug behind the counter and refill directly into it.

SSR has a refill station where you can refill yourself at the main pool (High Rock Springs) and I think also now at the Grandstand pool (haven't been there yet to find out myself). And as was previously mentioned, you can refill yourself at Artist's Palette.

At BVW I did like that they gave a big cup of soda at the Bakery - I never filled my mug with it, and then I didn't have to clean the mug. And I have heard that it was for health reasons that they wouldn't fill our mugs at the Bakery.

But now with the generic mugs we'll be ordering groceries and won't be getting the new mugs. I really liked them when they were resort specific and a fun reminder of where we've stayed on past trips.

I'm curious what the generic mugs look like now. In April they were all YOMD themed. Has that changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter