Question on Season Passes

RMColosimo

Mouseketeer
Okay, so my wife wants to get season passes, and while I am not totally against the idea, my business side really needs to be convinced.

I live in Ohio, so long drive, short flight to Disney. We have said after every visit, 4 in the last 5 years, soon to be 5 in the last 6, that we are going someplace else for vacation and then never go anywhere else.

This year, we are splurging and staying at the Contemporary Resort, I stayed there as a child and have fond memories of it. We are getting some deals my wife found, so not way up there, but still more than we usually spend. Anyway, my wife says it is only a little more to just drop our tickets and get Season passes. We are actually going to be in Florida for a few days more than our reservations, so this would extend our ability to go into the parks as well.

I'll be honest the money is not an issue, just my desire to get value on money spent. What is everyone's experience with getting value out of season passes and living 15+ hours away from the park?

Also, my business side of my mind, would not mind any financial input as well.

3 kids and 1 wife plus myself would be the people buying the season passes.

You have way more passes to buy than I did, but for my family of 4 (only 3 of use need passes) we bought annual passes for the first time this year. We have 4 trips schedule this year starting in march. Our drive is about 13 1/2 hours from southern Indiana (we always drive). For us its just our happy place. We have been at least once a year for the last 4 years.

We have a plan to keep the annual passes for the next 3-4 years then start seeing other parts of the country. I have never been to all 50 states so its something we want to do as a family. Up until this year, we would go to Disney once a year for a week then spend another week in a different part of the country. So we started knocking states off the list, but we had baby #2 in July so now we have to start over. After talking to my wife about it we would rather spend the next 3 years just going to Disney. Once the kids are older start hitting the states again. Probably go back to once a year for Disney.

Long story short if you go for 10+ days it's worth it. Nothing beats the way Disney makes us feel.

Agree with the above. Financially it makes sense if you are planning on going enough days. Price out the differences on ticket options. You might also be able to get room discounts when they become available. Dining and merch discounts are also available. If I am doing one trip a year, I plan the next year's trip to occur just before the passes expire so I get two big trips on 1 pass.

So quick question on discounts. The AP site says you get a 20% discount at select Disney restaurants, but I thought I needed to spend an extra 150 for the tables in wonderlands card... Anyone know the details on that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!