Questioning info from customer service about bounce back

tinkpower

Mouseketeer
We were in DW September of 2017. We booked a bounce back trip for December of 2018. Is unlikely that is going to work for us now. I'm fairly sure we have to go by December 31st to use that free dining promo. I called to double check and the cast member said we could move it to next year when packages for next year became available......I specifically asked with the dining promo and he said yes, but he seemed uninformed and very new. What are the time frames on bounce back promotions?

We were in DW September of 2017. We booked a bounce back trip for December of 2018. Is unlikely that is going to work for us now. I'm fairly sure we have to go by December 31st to use that free dining promo. I called to double check and the cast member said we could move it to next year when packages for next year became available......I specifically asked with the dining promo and he said yes, but he seemed uninformed and very new. What are the time frames on bounce back promotions?

You cannot move your BB to next year. I tried! LOL!!!!

You cannot move your BB to next year. I tried! LOL!!!!

At times, you may be able to move a previously booked BB offer to a later date, but based on the current bounce back offer available. It is very YMMV and typically involves Guest Services doing their magic.

To OP, I suggest you hold on to the existing reservation until at least mid August when hopefully a new BB offer for next year would come out (and hopefully FD).

At times, you may be able to move a previously booked BB offer to a later date, but based on the current bounce back offer available. It is very YMMV and typically involves Guest Services doing their magic.

To OP, I suggest you hold on to the existing reservation until at least mid August when hopefully a new BB offer for next year would come out (and hopefully FD).

I was able to move my date at first. I later wanted to move it to the following year. That was a no. Lol, it was worth a try.

You can modify a bounceback to any date that was included in the original offer, as long as there is still availability under the offer. If the offer has expired, guest services can usually help to modify it. But you can’t change it to a different bounceback offer, which is what you would need to do to move it to the following year. Those dates were never included in the original offer you booked under, so you can’t move to those dates & keep the bounceback rate.

Here are the dates that you would need to check-in for the 2018 FD Bounceback:

• May 29 – June 5
  • June 29 – July 11
  • August 1 – September 8
  • December 7 – December 22

I was able to move my date at first. I later wanted to move it to the following year. That was a no. Lol, it was worth a try.

Since the current bounceback offer only covers dates in 2017 at this time, you will not be able to do that "now". My suggestion would be not cancel it but wait until mid August when hopefully the new offer for next year comes out.

You can modify a bounceback to any date that was included in the original offer, as long as there is still availability under the offer. If the offer has expired, guest services can usually help to modify it. But you can’t change it to a different bounceback offer, which is what you would need to do to move it to the following year. Those dates were never included in the original offer you booked under, so you can’t move to those dates & keep the bounceback rate.

Like I said and vYMMV, you may be able to move a bounceback to a future offer. I've done it in in the past. I had traveled in June and booked one for dates in 2017, with the hopes that I would be able to move it for 2018 in mid August of last year, when the BB for 2018 offer came out. And I did. But again, it is vYMMV and you would need Pixie Dust from Guest Services. My sister was also able to do this a few years ago as well.

I also know of folks that would book BB in the early fall with FD, but later move it to a room discount in the late fall.

Since the current bounceback offer only covers dates in 2017 at this time, you will not be able to do that "now". My suggestion would be not cancel it but wait until mid August when hopefully the new offer for next year comes out.

Like I said and vYMMV, you may be able to move a bounceback to a future offer. I've done it in in the past. I had traveled in June and booked one for dates in 2017, with the hopes that I would be able to move it for 2018 in mid August of last year, when the BB for 2018 offer came out. And I did. But again, it is vYMMV and you would need Pixie Dust from Guest Services. My sister was also able to do this a few years ago as well.

I also know of folks that would book BB in the early fall with FD, but later move it to a room discount in the late fall.

Glad to hear you were able to do it, but that seems to be the exception to the rule. But it never hurts to call & ask!

Interesting. Will be watching this closely and update the Bounceback FAQ thread. I know I read reports of some flexibility of stays affected during Matthew and Irma, but it wasn't consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter