Questions about children with Eczema

Originally posted by Christine
Dawn,
My son has eczema and I recently asked his dermatologist for Elidel. He laughed out loud and said "that stuff doesn't work" and wouldn't give me a prescription (no, he doesn't have the best bedside manner). I would like to hear from others who are using it.
Christine

I have an employee at work recently diagnosed with Elidel and she has responded to the treatment very nicely. Also, a friend's baby has facial eczema and it cleared after one week with Elidel. Maybe you should get a second opinion, although considering how long it takes to get a derm. appt around here, he could be married with kids. Good luck.

Christine -

I have tried Elidel on my son's eczema and it has not helped at all, but I should say that he has a moderate to severe case of eczema. From what I've been told and have read, it's used best as a preventative treatment, but once the eczema has broken out, it doesn't help much.

Elidel has worked for me! :D The first week or so, I had a feeling of warmth under the skin where it was applied, kind of freaked me out until I read that was a common side effect.

Elidel

This is my skin reacting to Elidel...:rolleyes: "are you kidding me?"

Yes, that is what my skin would say if It could talk to me. It's a nice thought though, but on my skin, it's just like regular lotion. Just keeps it moisturized.

Eczema is tricky. Your skin can't be too dry cause then it itches. But your skin can't be too moist because then it itches. It's a never ending cycle.:confused:

A friend at work told me to try goat's milk soap on my kid's eczema, and it did help quite a bit....its really mild and doesn't smell as bad as I thought it might .... lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter