• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about conceige(sp?)

yankeerose

Earning My Ears
Maybe I'm daft, but isn't this service expensive? What perc's are included and how can an average family afford it? I guess I really should have asked...tell me why I must have it!!!
Also a sincere thanks for all the great info you folks provide, its such a joy to come to this site.

Expensive is one of those words thats means different things to different people. And what do you consider an avaerage family? We are an avaerage family and we stay concierge. The convenience and security make us happy.

Some of the perks included are you need a key to access your floor at the hotel, people can't just wander around there. Snacks are provided all day long with cordials in the evenings. Breakfast being available not far from your room is wonderful when traveling with children.
They will also make all of your PS arrangements for you, some will argue that is simple enough to do on your own, I appreciate not having to be bothered.
Having someone starighten up your room and turn down your bed in the evenings is also nice :)

Those are some of the things we enjoy about it.

That being said, if it will stretch your budget to far, don't do it. Vacation should be enjoyable and relaxing, not stressful worrying about paying for it.

Enjoy your trip!

Are the rooms larger? Better views? I'm trying to decide if we would want to "give it a go" on our next trip. I've been reading some negative comments but of course, nothing is perfect. T.I.A.

BounceyOne pretty much summed all of the perks of concierge so I won't really add anything to that. The rooms generally are the same size as a regular room at the resort and the views really aren't much better than what you could get in a non-concierge room. You can get a larger concierge rooms(GF and BWI), but that would be at an additional cost to a regular concierge room. What you are paying for is exactly what BounceyOne indicated for. A private floor and lounge, snacks and beverages during the day, private check-in and front desk and help with PS's and other stuff. We LOVE concierge and will only stay concierge when staying at a WDW hotel.

Obviously, you'll hear a wide range of opinions about this.

My wife and I have done concierge a couple times -- once, at the Disneyland Hotel, because we got a good deal, and another time at the Board Walk, because it was the only room available.

It was interesting to try, but I don' t know that I'd do it again.

The breakfast in the morning was decent -- cereal, yogurt, breakfast rolls, fruit, juice and coffee. But the rest of the day the food was fairly mediocre. And, after a couple days, dull. (Though I confess some of the cordials late at night were nifty -- but who has room for that after a big Disney World dinner?)

The other perks -- someone to check reservations and make phone calls and do the detail work for you -- really didn't make it all that worthwhile for us. Perhaps, if you're traveling with kids, it makes a difference. For just the two of us, it didn't. (One big and perhaps significant exception: concierge was able to nail us a ps at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast -- the kind of hot ticket some parents would KILL for :eek: !)

All considered, was it worth the extra bucks? I don't think so. But like so many things, it's really a matter of taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter