Questions about flying to Disney

Frieda

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I have a few questions about our Disney trip. I hope you don't mind. My family and I are doing the Land and Sea package on November 9th to the 16th. We'll be at Disney World for four days and then the Disney Cruise. We decided to purchase the air program through Disney but now we have a few questions.

We will be flying with US Airways which I am now hearing terrible things about. (I'm going to be crossing a lot of fingers and toes and hoping nothing too terrible happens.) We are leaving from Ottawa at about 6 a.m. and landing in Pittsburgh just before 8 a.m. Then our flight from Pittsburgh leaves at about 9:30 a.m. and we are supposed to get into Orlando just after 11:30, I believe. When we land in Pittsburgh are we going to have to go through customs? What about our baggage? Will we need to collect that as well or will it go straight on to Orlando? I'm also hearing about long horrible line ups at check in. We only have about 90 minutes until the flight leaves and I have this fear that we aren't going to make the connection. Then what? I don't think I want to spend the night in the Pittsburgh airport (although I'm sure it is a lovely place and I'm certainly not knocking Pittsburgh) :) As it is we were only able to confirm 3 seats (not together) for the flight to Orlando which of course is causing me more stress and worry.

So if anyone out there can help me out, I would really appreciate it. It's been a long time since I've flown anywhere and I can't quite remember how it all works. Actually I've never flown anywhere out of the U.S. Also, if anyone can tell me something not horrible about US Airways, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for everything! I'm trying not to stress too too much. :)

No need to panic, u dont transfer your luggage they do it for you, and you dont go thru customs again I have done US air from Buffalo, connecting in pittsburgh, its not that diffiicult. Any other questions please feel free to ask Maryann

We did the 3/4 day in January but with the difference of flying out of Toronto. You will go thru customs in Ottawa and then you will board your plane. You won't see your luggage until you arrive in Orlando. We arrived at one part of the airport and walked to the other side of the airport to catch the next leg of our voyage. Went rather smoothly. DD of course did not like the travelling but too bad! Pittsburgh is a lovely Airport and a lot of shopping.

Also recommend to have your land clothes and sea clothes in different luggage. And don't open the other unless you are at your specific place. Cruise on Cruise. Land on Land. Less to pack, unpack and repack again.

Also on the flight home you can check in at the Port and not worry about your luggage again until back home!

Hope this helps a bit and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Happy :boat:

Scratch
pirate:

Thank you so much Maryann and Scratch for putting my mind at ease. I guess the closer our trip gets, the more things I find to worry about! I'm feeling much better now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter