Questions about Legoland

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to fit in a trip to Legoland as a surprise for my Lego loving DS. We stayed at the Legoland hotel and spent a day at the park a few years ago so I have some idea what to expect. I think our best chance to go is going to be on Sunday October 15. How would traffic be from San Diego? We are staying in Mission Valley SD. Is there traffic early Sunday morning? According to isitpacked.com crowd level is supposed to be packed. I have no idea what crowd level was last time we were there. How bad is packed for Legoland? Is that website accurate for Legoland? I'm not sure if there is a better one or if anyone knows the park well enough to speculate on how packed a Sunday would be then. Do kids get Columbus Day off anymore? The Monday before is Columbus Day so I was hoping that might help with crowds if people went then. Do locals even go to LL? I was hoping a Sunday might be a good day since in theory people traveling would be more likely driving back home for school and work on Monday.

Kids in CA still do tend to get Columbus Day off.

Looks like you're a little above downtown which is good. When my brother lived in Chula Vista, making adjustments for the downtown madness was required.

If you're worried about traffic, stay Saturday night at a hotel near Legoland, not one that's over 30 miles away.

There is no traffic on Sunday mornings. It's the most awesome time to drive anywhere in San Diego.

If they are doing anything Halloweenish, it will be packed.

Traffic should not be bad at all. Sundays were always our preferred days for Legoland (we now live in the LA area, previously in SD, but had passes for years) and I've never been in the fall when it was too packed to have fun. In October it gets bad when they're having the Brick or Treat parties, but that's only on Saturday nights so hopefully it won't be too bad. We don't get Columbus day off anymore, but not sure about the SD districts.

I'm pretty sure I went on a packed Saturday a couple weeks ago, lines for all good rides were 45-55 minutes. We really wasted a ticket going because we went to another event on property and used passes plus a ticket for my husband, my youngest was bored so I left the event early and took him to play in the dinosaur sand box. By then it was lunch so we ate and headed over to rides, but lines were long. My oldest really wanted to go on the joust so waited 35 min while I got a drink with my youngest, then they made him remove his hat which caused an epic meltdown (he has autism and is really attached to his hat) so we gave up and left. My husband doesn't have a pass because he normally doesn't go, so it's not like we wasted a ton of tickets but we vowed not to go on the weekend again. It's so much better during the week that I'm spoiled and don't want to wait in huge lines for food, rides and shows. I'm local though so I can see it being worth it for a once in a lifetime trip for Lego fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter