Questions about making dining reservations

trtl6941

Mouseketeer
We just booked the pop century last night arriving 9/27 for 6 nights :woohoo:

Anyway, we are still debating if we want the dining plan or not. If we add it on right now and make ADR's now, can we take off the dining plan later if we decide not to get it? We're trying to see how much $$ we can save by then, hence the hesitation as to getting the DP or not.

If we don't add on the DP now, can I still make ADR's? What about places like Cinderella's Castle?

Thanks!!

You can book the dining reservations online. The system does not ask if you are on the dining plan. In the past when i called called Disney dining, I told them I was not sure if I was getting the DDP. It was put in as a normal reservation and if I decided to get the plan, I would just have to inform the server at each restuarant.

As for Cinderella, we did this a few years ago, so I do not know what the policy is now, but I had to pay for Cinderella breakfast upfont and when we got there, showed my DDP and I got a credit back on my credit card.

You can make reservations without having the dining plan. The difference, as the PP mentioned, is in how prepaid meals like CRT are handled. If you have the DDP on your reservation, you only have to provide your cc number as a guarantee on the reservation, nothing is charged to it unless you don't show up for the ADR. If you don't have the DDP on your ressie, you will have to pay for the meal upfront, but can get a refund if you add the DDP later and pay for the meal with DDP credits.

ETA: You can add the DDP up to 3 days before your checkin day. You cannot add it after that time.

ok, that makes sense! Thanks!

So...would it make sense since we are on the fence to just add it now and then take it off if we change our minds? We most likely will end up getting it, so I'd prefer to not have to pay for the castle up front. Are you even allowed to add it now and remove it later?

And, secondly, is Cinderella's castle worth the 2 table credits or price out of pocket? :goodvibes

Just thought of another question - lol.

If I make some reservations now and then add the DP later, are my reservations still good?

So...would it make sense since we are on the fence to just add it now and then take it off if we change our minds? We most likely will end up getting it, so I'd prefer to not have to pay for the castle up front. Are you even allowed to add it now and remove it later?

And, secondly, is Cinderella's castle worth the 2 table credits or price out of pocket? :goodvibes

If you don't want to pay for CRT upfront, add the DDP now, especially since you feel you will most likely go through with purchasing it. You can remove the DDP without penalty up to 45 days before your checkin. If you remove it after that time, you likely will be charged a change fee. Generally, WDW doesn't charge the change fee if you are increasing the cost of your reservation, but will charge you if your change decreases the cost.

Is CRT worth the 2 table service credits? That's up for debate. DD and I have eaten there twice for breakfast using the DDP. I felt the experience was worth it. I know I could have gotten much better food with 2TS credits at another signature restaurant, but it's the CASTLE! It's something everyone should experience at least once. That said, I opted against it for our next trip. We are doing Akershus instead. I didn't want to use 2 TS credits and I wanted us to try to meet Ariel with legs, which at this point in time only occurs at Akershus. I read a post just yesterday that said with Ariel's Grotto closing for the Fantasyland refurb, Ariel will be added to the CRT lineup. Don't know if it's true or not, or when it will happen if it is.

And nothing will happen to your ADRs if you make some now and add the DDP later. There's no connection between the two systems other than controlling the 180+10 option for making ADRs and the issue with the prepaid meals.

Just thought of another question - lol.

If I make some reservations now and then add the DP later, are my reservations still good?

Nothing you do to your room reservation in the future will alter any dining reservations you have already made.

You do not have to have your room reservation with DDP linked to your restaurant reservations at all, unless you want to be exempt from prepaying for CRT or a dinner show. It makes no difference to the restaurant whether your resort reservation is linked or not, or if it has DDP on it or not. You'll be asked when you arrive at the restaurant if you are using DDP to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter