Questions about planning..

Well, I just gave it a try and you cannot do online check in without putting a credit/debit card on file.

And just as a follow up to my PP, I’ll link to this thread where credit card holds are discussed when a guest chooses to check in online but does not wish to make any room charges with their MagicBands. It looks as if Disney does a hold on the card regardless.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/on-line-check-in-and-credit-card-holds.3748918/
Thank you. That makes more sense to me.

A person can not call a specific resort. All calls go into Reservations Call Center or Guests Services Call Center which will still work. Most representatives are knowledgeable and have great information. Like most call centers....not all. I have found it helpful to have the information and ask for help with the execution. Which is exactly what the poster did. Smart person!

https://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/disney-world-hotels-addresses
I didn't realize that! Are these not correct numbers for each Resort?? We've contacted the GM at Fort Wilderness at his email address as well. I don't mean this sarcastic at all. I definitely have my experience with the Disney Call Center and have a 50/50 satisfaction rate, I would disappointed if I couldn't contact the resort directly!

https://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/disney-world-hotels-addresses
I didn't realize that! Are these not correct numbers for each Resort?? We've contacted the GM at Fort Wilderness at his email address as well. I don't mean this sarcastic at all. I definitely have my experience with the Disney Call Center and have a 50/50 satisfaction rate, I would disappointed if I couldn't contact the resort directly!
I’m sorry but you can’t. It makes sense though right, the front desk employees could spend all their time on the phone? I realized it when I was trying to coordinate a gift delivery to a family staying at WDW. It was clear I was not speaking to a person that was on site at the resort. No matter what number I dialed.

Well, I just gave it a try and you cannot do online check in without putting a credit/debit card on file.

And just as a follow up to my PP, I’ll link to this thread where credit card holds are discussed when a guest chooses to check in online but does not wish to make any room charges with their MagicBands. It looks as if Disney does a hold on the card regardless.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/on-line-check-in-and-credit-card-holds.3748918/
Hi! One last question! If I were to book a trip for early next year today, would I still be able to get a special offer applied when it comes out in the fall or do I have to wait until they come out to make reservations?

Does your debit card have a Visa or MasterCard logo? If yes, I believe so. Just know that if you plan on using it for "charging" purposes, they put a $100 incidental hold on the card, and even though charge will go through. Your bank can keep that hold on for days (some say 3 to 10 days). Some banks till next statement.

As far as,a park hopper, we like to start at one park and go to Epcot to eat dinner. A hopper is necessary to do that. Please also know if you are interested in any "adult" beverages you need proper ID for each person. They Will and do ID everyone. No ID, you won't be served.
This is 100% right. Comes as a shock when you are well over the UK legal drubbing age of 18 to suddenly be I.d'd again!

Hi! One last question! If I were to book a trip for early next year today, would I still be able to get a special offer applied when it comes out in the fall or do I have to wait until they come out to make reservations?
Maybe. You don’t really apply a discount to an existing reservation. You rebook the reservation. You can only get the same resort and room location under the discount if that room is available with discount and for the dates you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter