Questions about Universal Studios

jonahsmommy

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Universal Studios in December and I have a few questions. If we buy a one day ticket can we upgrade that day to a year pass? And if we pay for parking, do we have in and out privileges for that day? We would love to be able to take a break around 1:00 and come back to the park around 4. The hotel that we have chosen is off site and doesn't have a shuttle so we would have to drive.

Thanks so much!

We are planning a trip to Universal Studios in December and I have a few questions. If we buy a one day ticket can we upgrade that day to a year pass? And if we pay for parking, do we have in and out privileges for that day? We would love to be able to take a break around 1:00 and come back to the park around 4. The hotel that we have chosen is off site and doesn't have a shuttle so we would have to drive.

Thanks so much!

1. Yes, as long as your 1-day ticket is not complementary you can upgrade to an Annual Pass.

2. Yes. Just show your receipt for re-entry into the parking area.

Thanks so much!

One thing I will note is that if you upgrade a day ticket, you are subject to paying the "gate" price for the season pass, which is substantially more than you would pay if you simply buy an annual pass in advance from a discounter. For instance, I can buy a 9-month season pass through my credit union or through my work for $120. The cheapest "silver" season pass from Universal is $209 at the gate. There's also the 3-day Costco pass for $129 with no blackout dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!