Questions for Harmony passengers- help please!!

FabFourteenFamilyFun

Mouseketeer
6 adults booked for April 14 2018
1) Is it true- no shampoo or conditioner provided?
2) We have the set dining @ 8:30 - How do they expect you to get to a 10:00 show at 9:30 AND allow
2 hours for dinner?! I had 8:00 on the Allure and it worked out fine-
3) is it true that if you pick anytime dining - say for 7:30- you could still wait in line for your table?
4) Can you get a glass of ice water at any bar or cafe if you don't drink bottled water?
5) Best time to embark and disembark?
6) We are in our 60's - The other 5 are concerned about 8:30 being so late- I am telling them that there will
Be less crowds and children and a more leisurely day. True? Opinions? We won't do specialty dining.
7) What are the chances of getting 20% off drink package? 30%? And how far out do they start offering it?
8) Can you bring your own wine to dinner? Can you order cocktails at dinner?

My cruise on the Allure was so different- It was aunts and cousins from 18-83 - not a lot of drinking or activities. I don't think we will do any excursions but would like to know what we should do on Labadee!

Haven't got on Harmony yet (going in August) but I've been researching. So answering as best as I can.

1) I think this is a fleet-wide thing. What you got on the Allure will be the same as on Harmony.

2) you can mention to your server that you have a show to get to. Or skip dessert.

4) I don't see why not.

5) this is really a matter of personal opinion. I like to board early so I do so, but this means having my carry on luggage for a few hours.

Disembarking, it really depends on your flight out. Leave early if you have an early flight. Leave as late as possible if it's later in the day.

7) check periodically. 20% is standard if you purchase online. I think the option will become available around 6 months out.

8) you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom aboard upon initial embarkation. However there's a $15 corkage fee if you bring an unopened bottle in. i don't know if this applies if the bottle is already opened.

Haven't got on Harmony yet (going in August) but I've been researching. So answering as best as I can.

1) I think this is a fleet-wide thing. What you got on the Allure will be the same as on Harmony.

2) you can mention to your server that you have a show to get to. Or skip dessert.

4) I don't see why not.

5) this is really a matter of personal opinion. I like to board early so I do so, but this means having my carry on luggage for a few hours.

Disembarking, it really depends on your flight out. Leave early if you have an early flight. Leave as late as possible if it's later in the day.

7) check periodically. 20% is standard if you purchase online. I think the option will become available around 6 months out.

8) you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom aboard upon initial embarkation. However there's a $15 corkage fee if you bring an unopened bottle in. i don't know if this applies if the bottle is already opened.
Thanks so much for your reply! Have a wonderful cruise and report back!!

6 adults booked for April 14 2018
1) Is it true- no shampoo or conditioner provided? Lets just say the All in one goop in the dispenser is NOT what I would condor useful for anything other than hand washing a bathing suit.
2) We have the set dining @ 8:30 - How do they expect you to get to a 10:00 show at 9:30 AND allow
2 hours for dinner?! I had 8:00 on the Allure and it worked out fine- there are 2 show times. those on late seating are expected to attend the earlier show time. you can always skip a course or 2 and ask the staff to rush things.
3) is it true that if you pick anytime dining - say for 7:30- you could still wait in line for your table? yes, especially if you are a larger party. wait times are usually minimal though.
4) Can you get a glass of ice water at any bar or cafe if you don't drink bottled water? yes
5) Best time to embark and disembark? purely personal preference.
6) We are in our 60's - The other 5 are concerned about 8:30 being so late- I am telling them that there will
Be less crowds and children and a more leisurely day. True? Opinions? We won't do specialty dining. not necessarily. we do prefer late seating, but not because of any of those reasons
7) What are the chances of getting 20% off drink package? 30%? And how far out do they start offering it? assume nothing. it may or may not go on sale.
8) Can you bring your own wine to dinner? Can you order cocktails at dinner? if by that you mean a bottle that you brought on board at embarkation, yes, with a $15 corkage fee( just went into effect on 1 June). as for cocktails, it is truly better to bring your own in from a bar as the service in MDR is , well. lousy.. it is handled by the assistant waiter who has far more important things to do.

My cruise on the Allure was so different- It was aunts and cousins from 18-83 - not a lot of drinking or activities. I don't think we will do any excursions but would like to know what we should do on Labadee!

Just off Liberty last week. We brought 4 bottles of wine onboard and Royal no longer charges a corkage fee. (We confirmed this from Royal via Email 2 weeks ago). However.... My husbands bottles of red wine EACH had a glass missing on the second night after opening them. (So he only got 3 glasses out of his bottles....) No one touched my Relax Riesling. He actually scored the label of the second bottle to show the wine level to confirm this and he was right - wine level was a glass lower the second night. This wasn't a big deal to us on a $12 bottle of wine and certainly not worth a complaint or server losing his job. But beware - I wouldn't leave an expensive bottle at the restaurant. I'd bring it back to your room after dinner. There was also a shampoo/body wash dispenser in the shower but no conditioner. We stayed for the first time in a Junior suite and we are hooked on these! Huge balcony room with wide balcony!

Just sailed on Harmony last week. The ship was beautiful, and the shows were fantastic, but I must say I was disappointed in the experience. I've sailed on Oasis 4 times (mid June, late June, spring break, and mid July) and Allure once (over New Years Eve) and NEVER experienced the long lines all over the ship, like we had on Harmony the first week of June. They've added more staterooms and shops to the Oasis class and cut down on public areas. Had to wait in line for 15 minutes just to return a towel on the pool deck!

As someone else mentioned, there is a mystery liquid in the shower. I recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioner.

As soon as you can book your shows, get them reserved, and then change to My Time Dining if you need to. I like traditional dining, but if you are seated at a large table with other people, it can take alot longer than if its just your family. We had My Time, because traditional was full. We only ate in the Main Dining Room 1 night, but we got right in at our reserved time, and told the server that we needed to be out in an hour so we could get to our show early. Another night we ate in Jamie's Italian and the server got us out of there in 45 minutes, when we told her our schedule! Also keep in mind that if you like to sit up front in the shows, you'll want to get there an hour before start time, as they open the doors 45 minutes prior. We did that, and had front row seats for every show.

3) is it true that if you pick anytime dining - say for 7:30- you could still wait in line for your table?
Yes you could, if the people ahead of you don't get out in time. I've always avoided My Time Dining, because I've seen the long lines outside the restaurant. But with our reservations, we were seated right away.

4) Can you get a glass of ice water at any bar or cafe if you don't drink bottled water?
Yes, but expect to wait awhile. I had the Royal Refreshment package that includes bottled water, so I went to the bars to grab bottles to take back to the room. There were usually long lines everywhere (except the Schooner Bar). They do have ice water, and flavored water in the Windjammer, Park Cafe, and Cafe Promenade. I always get nervous about getting water there, as I've seen people refill their water bottles directly from the spout! You can always bring refillable bottles with you and fill them in your stateroom.

I usually plan on boarding any ship around 1:00, so the stateroom will be ready. Disembarkation will be hectic, but if you walk off early, you usually beat the lines.

Be less crowds and children and a more leisurely day. True? Opinions? We won't do specialty dining.
It really depends upon when you can get into the shows. With My Time you could do a 7:30 dinner. You do want to see the Aqua show after dark, as it is meant to be seen that way. Also book the Aqua show as early in the cruise as possible, as they sometimes have to cancel them due to weather. If it gets to be too late in the cruise, they may not be able to reschedule it.

7) What are the chances of getting 20% off drink package? 30%? And how far out do they start offering it?
They are pushing drink, dining, and internet packages hard! Check your Cruise Planner for discounts, but also keep in mind that the drink packages may go up between now and next year. I'd book as soon as you can, and then if the price goes down you can cancel it. My drink package on Harmony was $150, the same package on Liberty of the Seas in December is showing at over $200! I'm hoping it will come down in price before we sail. I am Diamond Plus, and could get 30% off the Deluxe Drink Package if I purchased it onboard.

Not sure about the wine, but yes you can definitely order cocktails and specialty coffees at dinner.

Labadee is a beach day. But there are some cultural excursions offered that visit the other side of the island. Last week my husband and kids got off the ship in Labadee to do the roller coaster and aqua park. I stayed on and enjoyed the peace and quiet onboard!

Just sailed on Harmony last week. The ship was beautiful, and the shows were fantastic, but I must say I was disappointed in the experience. I've sailed on Oasis 4 times (mid June, late June, spring break, and mid July) and Allure once (over New Years Eve) and NEVER experienced the long lines all over the ship, like we had on Harmony the first week of June. They've added more staterooms and shops to the Oasis class and cut down on public areas. Had to wait in line for 15 minutes just to return a towel on the pool deck!

As someone else mentioned, there is a mystery liquid in the shower. I recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioner.

As soon as you can book your shows, get them reserved, and then change to My Time Dining if you need to. I like traditional dining, but if you are seated at a large table with other people, it can take alot longer than if its just your family. We had My Time, because traditional was full. We only ate in the Main Dining Room 1 night, but we got right in at our reserved time, and told the server that we needed to be out in an hour so we could get to our show early. Another night we ate in Jamie's Italian and the server got us out of there in 45 minutes, when we told her our schedule! Also keep in mind that if you like to sit up front in the shows, you'll want to get there an hour before start time, as they open the doors 45 minutes prior. We did that, and had front row seats for every show.

Yes you could, if the people ahead of you don't get out in time. I've always avoided My Time Dining, because I've seen the long lines outside the restaurant. But with our reservations, we were seated right away.

Yes, but expect to wait awhile. I had the Royal Refreshment package that includes bottled water, so I went to the bars to grab bottles to take back to the room. There were usually long lines everywhere (except the Schooner Bar). They do have ice water, and flavored water in the Windjammer, Park Cafe, and Cafe Promenade. I always get nervous about getting water there, as I've seen people refill their water bottles directly from the spout! You can always bring refillable bottles with you and fill them in your stateroom.

I usually plan on boarding any ship around 1:00, so the stateroom will be ready. Disembarkation will be hectic, but if you walk off early, you usually beat the lines.

It really depends upon when you can get into the shows. With My Time you could do a 7:30 dinner. You do want to see the Aqua show after dark, as it is meant to be seen that way. Also book the Aqua show as early in the cruise as possible, as they sometimes have to cancel them due to weather. If it gets to be too late in the cruise, they may not be able to reschedule it.

They are pushing drink, dining, and internet packages hard! Check your Cruise Planner for discounts, but also keep in mind that the drink packages may go up between now and next year. I'd book as soon as you can, and then if the price goes down you can cancel it. My drink package on Harmony was $150, the same package on Liberty of the Seas in December is showing at over $200! I'm hoping it will come down in price before we sail. I am Diamond Plus, and could get 30% off the Deluxe Drink Package if I purchased it onboard.

Not sure about the wine, but yes you can definitely order cocktails and specialty coffees at dinner.

Labadee is a beach day. But there are some cultural excursions offered that visit the other side of the island. Last week my husband and kids got off the ship in Labadee to do the roller coaster and aqua park. I stayed on and enjoyed the peace and quiet onboard!
Thanks so much for your reply!!! We never had lines on the Allure in mid June- hoping in mid April we won't have them on Harmony or I will be sorry we didn't book Allure :( I have a question about the online cruise planner- are you only able to see the show times, drink packages, etc. closer to the cruise- like 3 months out? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter