Questions regarding crowds the first weekend in January?

jfranklyn

DIS Veteran
We are trying to plan a trip for January, and would like to take my daughter out of school for the least possible time. However, crowd avoidance is our biggest issue - we DON'T do crowds well.

So I'm wondering what the first weekend in January will be like? Are most people who come to Disney for Christmas week staying right through the first weekend in January (January 2-4)? When do the crowds usually drop off after the Christmas break? Thanks!

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago because I am planning on getting to WDW the Saturday after New Years. I only got a couple of responses but I got the impression that the crowd is drastically reduced by the first weekend in January but that the really quiet time doesn't start until Monday. Therefore, we am planning on driving Saturday and then have my first park day on Sunday. We will begin with MK for early entry but if the crowds are more than I want to deal with we will move to Epcat where there is more space and more to do without waiting in lines.

I've gone to WDW the very first week in January for the last three years, and crowds were virtually nil. I particulary remember leaving MK about 45 minutes after official closing one night and I was the only one at the bus stop. What a scary feeling, thinking I was abandoned! The next summer when DH and I went in June bus stop was still packed an hour after official closing. Only problem with that time can be the weather-it can get literally frosty! Pack your hats and gloves!

Weekends at WDW are usually much more crowded than week days during Jan. and early Feb.. We have been to WDW during the first few days of Jan. and as mentioned before the place is very quiet. I would think the Sunday(Jan.4) would be very manageable and then on Jan. 5 the crowds would be very small for the rest of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter