questions regarding member discount APs

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
This will be the first time we're going to buy member discount APs.
(until now we always purchased the UK 21 day ultimate tickets but they seem to have been discontinued)

How do i buy the member discount APs?
I looked in my DVC account and there was a button to click on "for online purchase", but then it took to a general information page without any indication of how or where to buy an AP.
Perhaps it has since been corrected.
If this is still the case, do i call member services to buy the APs?

Do you pay all at once, or by installment?

Our trip is only in july 2021, so i wouldn't ordinarily purchase tickets this far in advance, but with the need to make park reservations, i need to buy the tickets right away.

if installment payments are available, can you still make park reservations?

thanks!

This will be the first time we're going to buy member discount APs.
(until now we always purchased the UK 21 day ultimate tickets but they seem to have been discontinued)

How do i buy the member discount APs?
I looked in my DVC account and there was a button to click on "for online purchase", but then it took to a general information page without any indication of how or where to buy an AP.
Perhaps it has since been corrected.
If this is still the case, do i call member services to buy the APs?

Do you pay all at once, or by installment?

Our trip is only in july 2021, so i wouldn't ordinarily purchase tickets this far in advance, but with the need to make park reservations, i need to buy the tickets right away.

if installment payments are available, can you still make park reservations?

thanks!
Disney is not currently selling APs. They have not indicated when sales will resume but it probably won't be until park hopping resumes.

Under normal circumstances, only FL residents can pay for their APs in installments. Everyone else pays the entire price at the time they make their purchase

Disney is not currently selling APs. They have not indicated when sales will resume but it probably won't be until park hopping resumes.

Under normal circumstances, only FL residents can pay for their APs in installments. Everyone else pays the entire price at the time they make their purchase

all those comments that i've seen online and in videos about payments make sense now, thanks.

as for APs not being available, then how are people supposed to make park reservations when they book their DVC rooms?

are we in catch 22 land?

Some purchase "regular" tickets & make their park reservations with those, and then plan to upgrade to an AP when they arrive. But that only works if the purchase ticket costs less than the AP because Disney policy is NOT to give refunds. Some have reported getting refunds, but that is not policy.

There are a lot if us waiting for the resale of APs again. I have 3 trips booked in 2021 with no tickets. I know that i might be looking at a resort only trip for my 2 weeks in March. The other trips will have to wait and see. I have to take the March trip to use up banked points. I was going to do 4 weeks in a studio, but changed it to 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom.

I would expect to see the UK tickets come back, especially a year from now. I wouldn't be in a hurry to commit to an AP, without knowing what the UK tickets will look like.

I would expect to see the UK tickets come back, especially a year from now. I wouldn't be in a hurry to commit to an AP, without knowing what the UK tickets will look like.
my only problem with this is what happens if they keep the park reservation system and the parks fill up before i have a chance to book?

Either they had purchased APs prior to Disney cutting off AP sales or they have regular theme park tickets (which can be purchased).

We're going for 24 days. No way is a regular ticket going to work for us.
We'll need the AP to be able to book all 24 days in the park.

This is truly frustrating.
The same thing happened to my daughter with her trip that was supposed to start tonight, that is, her flight was supposed to be tonight.
She had a DVC booking at BLT for 15 nights.
She wanted to buy a ticket, preferably the UK 14 day ultimate, but any ticket would have been ok, so that she could reserve park entrance.
But they stopped selling tickets and at the time we called member services to check if they would restart sales, they said they had no idea if or when.
So she had no choice but to cancel.
As it turned out, about a week later they started selling again.
It doesn't matter, she had to cancel anyway, as international travel still isn't possible (14 day quarantine when you reach the US).
But the fact that they just blew her off and said no ticket, despite the reservation was pretty disturbing.
If they do that to us, i don't know what i'll do.
There is no way i'm shelling out for 24 days of regular tickets.
Even the APs for 9 people are going to break the bank ($10,000 or thereabouts?), but having no ticket at all is an additional stress i can do without.

There are a lot if us waiting for the resale of APs again. I have 3 trips booked in 2021 with no tickets. I know that i might be looking at a resort only trip for my 2 weeks in March. The other trips will have to wait and see. I have to take the March trip to use up banked points. I was going to do 4 weeks in a studio, but changed it to 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom.

yes, this is the stress. You book a room, but you can't buy an AP so you have to sit on your hands and wait, while you watch the park reservation system fill up - mainly MGM which is the park we most want to see, since none of us have seen GE. And actually, some of us haven't seen toy story land either.

and of course there's the added stress of not being able to borrow all the points....
all of our calculations were based on bank/current/borrow to cover our trips every 3 years.
so we're missing a good chunk of points.
i know, first world problems, but that doesn't mitigate the stress....

yes, this is the stress. You book a room, but you can't buy an AP so you have to sit on your hands and wait, while you watch the park reservation system fill up - mainly MGM which is the park we most want to see, since none of us have seen GE. And actually, some of us haven't seen toy story land either.

and of course there's the added stress of not being able to borrow all the points....
all of our calculations were based on bank/current/borrow to cover our trips every 3 years.
so we're missing a good chunk of points.
i know, first world problems, but that doesn't mitigate the stress....

I know. I’ve been trying to do some do-over trips for first timers and just can’t think about it anymore.

I am not saying don't sound your frustrations here (please do so). I just want to add you need to send emails to DVC and Disney. They likely know but if everyone is sending them feedback then there is no way they can say they didn't know.

you're absolutely right. I'll do that right away.
Do you happen to know the email address i should use for DVC?
I think i might have one for disney, though it might be out of date, but i have nothing for DVC

Some purchase "regular" tickets & make their park reservations with those, and then plan to upgrade to an AP when they arrive. But that only works if the purchase ticket costs less than the AP because Disney policy is NOT to give refunds. Some have reported getting refunds, but that is not policy.

Do you know if anyone been successful in going this route? This is my plan as well, but from what I have read here, I get the feeling it's not going to work (unless things change in the future).

Do you know if anyone been successful in going this route? This is my plan as well, but from what I have read here, I get the feeling it's not going to work (unless things change in the future).

Currently, they are not allowing the upgrade to an AP and until they start sales again, it doesn’t seem to be allowed.

I still believe they have halted them because they are dealing with having to refund people right now who are canceling since it’s not the same product.

However, it would be nice to see them at least allow people who want to upgrade and can’t right now, the ability to using a used ticket once it does happen.

Currently, they are not allowing the upgrade to an AP and until they start sales again, it doesn’t seem to be allowed.

I still believe they have halted them because they are dealing with having to refund people right now who are canceling since it’s not the same product.

However, it would be nice to see them at least allow people who want to upgrade and can’t right now, the ability to using a used ticket once it does happen.

I'm thinking (or is it hoping!) the same thing...once they get past the current AP refund/renewal mess, they will start selling AP's again.

2021 tickets are allowing park hopper options, so it sounds like Disney doesn't expect to keep the park reservation system anyway.

I would really expect ticketing to return to roughly what it was when this is sorted out.

2021 tickets are allowing park hopper options, so it sounds like Disney doesn't expect to keep the park reservation system anyway.

I would really expect ticketing to return to roughly what it was when this is sorted out.

as they say, from your mouth to God's ear!!

You can't even activate a voucher that's already paid for. DVC and Disney are separate companies, I doubt complaining will change the current restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter