Quick Dining Reviews

ericaseiler

Mouseketeer
Hi! I always find these reviews helpful so even though I don't have pictures (the only ones I have are the ones my 12 year old took and believe me, they won't 'add' to this review :tongue:), I wanted to do a little review of where we ate on our long weekend trip! We don't find Disney food all that great - we tend to lean towards table service for at least one meal. I bake often so we are picky with baked goods but all four of us love dessert.

Cast of characters : DH (popcorn lover), Me (vegetarian), B (DD16- super picky eater) and L (DD12 loves salads and candy)

Wolfgang Puck - Disney Springs
We drove right into Disney Springs and had dinner at Wolfgang Puck. We dined here last year and it was really good. It was just fine this time. We got the Chicken Schnitzel, a cheese pizza, side of macaroni and cheese and a kids burger and fries. The pizza was oily/soggy/floppy. Chicken and kids burger were fine and the macaroni and cheese was very good (we had this last year and enjoyed it then too). Service was very good.

Summerhouse Cookie Bar- Disney Springs
Stopped to check out the new Summerhouse and grabbed a cookie to share. Some looked better than others but we always judge a cookie place for the first time based on their chocolate chip so we tried the Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk. We each had a bite and threw the rest away. We didn't love the fudgey consistency and besides the salt, it didn't have any flavor at all. We would maybe try another flavor in the future but would never run back there.

Ghiradelli-DS
Sharing an Ocean Beach Sundae is something we do pretty much every time we are in Disney Springs. We just can't say no. 🍨 The place is usually busy and it's hard to find a table during busy times but we always love this sundae. Last year (last time we were there) they were doing the number system where a server brought your ice cream to your table but they switched to a buzzer system where your pager buzzes when your order is ready and you go up and get it. I like the pager system.

Sleepy Hollow-MK
Spent the morning in MK - QS Bkfst options are pretty limited for us there. We used mobile order to get 3 waffles (2 plain, 1 with strawberries). They were almost undercooked, very spongy. We saw others that were darker and looked better. No one liked these.

Main Street Confectionary Popcorn -MK
We had seen a few things on social media regarding the 'Make Your Own Popcorn Mix' and stopped to do that. So fun and really yum! We chose Caramel Popcorn and they let us choose 2 'syrups' (really, chocolate drizzles) so we did a combo of Milk and Dark chocolate. We chose M&M's and pretzels (needed to break up the sweetness) to add in. The chocolate does not harden much so it is messy. We ended up eating a little and then putting in our fridge in the room. We loved it right from the fridge as the chocolate hardened and you were able to pick up pieces of all of the things stuck together. For $12.99 this was a very decent value- they give you a nice amount and it was very good.

Steakhouse 71- Contemporary Resort
We knew we'd need a sit down meal at some point today and wanted to be close to MK. We haven't dined here before and read mediocre things about it but thought we'd give it a try. I should preface this by saying this may not be exactly fair because I am a vegetarian and no one else in the family eats steak but I will honestly review the things we did order. Check in was easy, ambiance was just OK (I would have expected a little more from Disney). We ordered the bread to start. It was fine. The butter and tomato spread are good but the bread itself reminded me of the Ale and Compass one where it's just like Martin's Potato Rolls that have been sitting out for a while and they brush some butter and sea salt on top before serving. I ordered the Chopped Salad. It wasn't good. The lettuce was like bagged iceberg, very little 'goods' on top (cranberries, seeds, cheese, etc) and it was swimming in dressing that was kind of flavorless. DH ordered a drink (a sunset one) that he liked and chose two apps as his meal: The Wedge Salad and Shrimp Cocktail. The salad was pretty flavorless too and needed more dressing. He said the Shrimp were pretty good. DD12 got the knife and fork Caesar that DH cut up for her and she really liked it. They were really nice with DD16 and let her order a grilled cheese and fries. The grilled cheese got pretty dark and the fries weren't very hot but she said it was edible and we all were appreciative that they accommodated her request.

Sunshine Terrace - MK
We shared an orange/vanilla swirl. They give you a nice sized cup! Refreshing, we all liked this a lot!

Les Halles- EPCOT
We got there at 9am with a verrrrry long line. It moved much quicker than it did last year thankfully but still, it was super busy. Seating here stinks, honestly and sometimes people arent the most kind. I wish they'd make the 'store' part of the space smaller and add more seating. The food here is pretty good. It would be nice if they had some more savory options (or options that can be modified) for vegetarians. We ordered a bunch of things to share: Quiche Florentine, Egg/Cheese/Bacon Croissant, a full baguette (with butter and jam) Chocolate Croissant and Chocolate filled donut. Overall everything was good and we'd return.

Teppan Edo-EPCOT
I have made and cancelled reservations here a few times. We had friends that recently went and liked it very much so decided to go for it. DD12 LOVES hibachi, I do not. I always feel bad asking them to cook mine separately and the one time I tried a place where we live, it was so oily and I really didn't care for it. Disney is great about vegan/vegetarian/food allergies so I knew it would be OK in that regard. We checked in on time and every single member of the staff from hostess, to servers (we had a few) to the chef and the manager were so incredibly kind and friendly. They didn't make me feel like a bother asking for mine to be cooked first (before the meat). The vegetables were so fresh, nothing was too greasy and the portions were plentiful. Our chef was funny and interactive- all four of us absolutely loved it and would highly recommend. Oh! What we ordered: Veggie meal for me and also for DD12, Chicken for DD16 and shrimp for DH.

Sommerfest- EPCOT
I LOVE bread pudding and had seen a few posts about the Caramel Pretzel Bread Pudding. I am not going to lie, I didn't have high hopes. Like, at all. BUUUUT this thing was so darn good! I thought it would be dry, it wasn't. Thought it would either be too sweet or no flavor, it wasn't. It really was very good!

Connections Eatery- EPCOT
We mobile ordered here. Pizza for me, Burger for DH and Chicken tenders w/ fries for the kids. It was typical Disney Quick Service. Nothing was horrible, nothing was good.

Karamelle Kuche-EPCOT
We were near there and DD12 was wanting dessert so she chose a chocolate covered mickey marshmallow. She loved it. I think DD16 tried a special frozen lemonade from Joffrey's then and she liked it.

Scat's Club- POFQ
Grabbed some beignets. Hot, fresh and pretty tasty!

Trolley Car Cafe-HS
DH was in need of coffee and we were near there when it wasn't busy. I remembered they have the Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich so he grabbed a coffee and I grabbed a cookie sandwich for us to share. It was pretty good but very very sweet.

Popcorn-everywhere
If it's popping fresh, DH is there getting a refill. Always consistent and the 4 of us enjoy it!

Earl of Sandwich-DS
Stopped by to DS before we headed home. This was a good lunch! DH tried the Holiday, DD12 had the Caesar wrap, DD16 had turkey and cheese and I had a veggie. Fresh, quick and pretty tasty!

Last edited:
Love your reviews! I keep hearing about the pretzel bread pudding. Definitely need to try when we go in a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter