Quick paper piecing question

missesdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm attempting to do a totally by hand paper piecing for the some of the disney surprise groups. Since I suck at trying to cut out pieces in different colors and put them together (it was not pretty), I tried printing the color image 3 times then using one as the base and cutting out the colored pieces I wanted then gluing them or putting them on with pop dots depending on what I wanted for a particular area of the piece. Just wanted to make sure this method was ok? I am pretty sure I have received pieces done this way and loved them but I just want to be sure before I do a group of them - don't want to disappoint anyone!

Maria -- check out the Farmer Mickey in my garden grill set. What you described was how I did that one. You will need to re-outline all your pieces, including the base after you cut but before you assemble (found this out the hard way). I used a zig calligraphy marker -- a broad flat tip. The larger end was easier to work with than the smaller end -- it kept slipping. A chisel tip would probably be good too. I kept the marker still and moved the paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter