Quick room review BWV 1 BR August 27-31

micheleq

DIS Veteran
Just home from our first stay at BWV and it did not disappoint! Myself, DH, and our two DDs ages 12 and 10 in a 1 BR, the first night was a garden/pool view (Room 3004) and the next three nights in a standard view 1 BR (3127). We purchased DVC in 2014 with VGF as our home resort, largely so we could have access to 1 BR villas.

• Both rooms were clean, had two sets of H2O toiletries in tubes (no sign of wall mounted shampoo!), and in the MBR it was nice to have outlets and usb ports built into the bedside tables.
  • Each room was near the end of their respective hallways -- but this worked out great as it was only a short run down the stairs to either the end of the Boardwalk (by Atlantic Dance Hall), or to the DVC pool/Community Hall.
  • The scary clown pool is not so scary in person lol!
  • Friendly staff
  • Loved the many options for food and beverages, and easy access to Epcot, BC/YC for additional food service
  • Most importantly, location! I felt like it was a very reasonable bus ride to either MK or AK, and the walk to Epcot or HS made this the perfect location for our short trip.
The only con of the trip was that the morning of our departure there was only one person at the Bell Services desk, and after 30 minutes of waiting I carried our Owners Locker downstairs myself. Ugh. I know it's a slower time of year, but...

My only wish is that there was a Murphy Bed in the 1BR, but after being in the space, it would have been very tight. Our girls were fine sharing the pull out sofa bed, but as they grow older that may change.

Next on my to-try DVC list is a studio at either the Poly or BC. We've stayed at YC before (pre-DVC ownership), so I'm curious to see the BC studios/1 BRs. In terms of our favorite DVC properties, BWV is now second to VGF, followed by SSR and then AK. Looking forward to trying each resort! I'd like to add-on at an Epcot resort, not sure if the Riviera will be a good fit or if BWV/BC area is the way to go for our families needs.

Nice review! We are BWV owners, so most of our stays have been there, and up until a couple of years ago, we've been in 1-bedrooms. DD and DS never shared the pullout - we packed an air mattress and they took turns. Now, DS is 6'6" so we always get a 2-BR.
I think you'll love Beach Club (after BWV, 2nd on the list of where we've stayed the most) because of SAB! We also really like AKV. You just can't beat the location of an Epcot resort!

Thanks for the review. We are looking at buying at BWV for the convenience factor to Epcot and DHS; specifically using 1br.

I would prefer BLT due to 1br size and proximity to MK, but it is DH's least favorite park (could never visit again and be happy), and 1) those standard points at BWV are hard to beat and 2) I'm concerned about 7 month availability once Star Wars land and the Epcot changes are complete.

Thanks for the review. We are looking at buying at BWV for the convenience factor to Epcot and DHS; specifically using 1br.

I would prefer BLT due to 1br size and proximity to MK, but it is DH's least favorite park (could never visit again and be happy), and 1) those standard points at BWV are hard to beat and 2) I'm concerned about 7 month availability once Star Wars land and the Epcot changes are complete.

Yeah, I think once Star Wars land is open it will be hard to get seven months! DH and I have talked about adding on, and the Epcot resorts are my top choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!