Quick shout out for mobility scooter rental company

starjazz

DIS Veteran
Yo, Gold Mobility is where its at. Thanks for the many recommendations I read here. For starters, they were half an hour late to drop it off. But they kept in communication. And THEN gave us 50% off. I told them it wasn't necessary, but they insisted that being late is not their m.o.

The unit they brought was in pristine condition. Battery life was incredible. Lights on the unit were so nice to have - so easy to spot and much safer.

The rear basket was great for storage. It did have to come off for the bus rides, but not a problem - easy on and off.

Can't say enough about em. Really appreciated them.

I just used Gold for the first time, too, after reading so many positive reviews here. They were great! The scooter was in great condition, battery lasted a very long time, and the lights that glow from underneath the scooter were pretty cool. Thanks to those who recommended this company. Will be using them again!

Funnily enough I just printed off my receipt for Gold - I suddenly realised that I didn't have it in my holiday file - and we leave for the airport tomorrow afternoon (to fly over on Tuesday morning). The receipt says they will contact me 24 hours before delivery, so that'll be some time tomorrow evening. I also booked Gold on the recommendation of people on here: I chose a stick holder as my free accessory purely because I didn't want the rear basket or sun shade because of the inconvenience of having to remove them for the buses etc.

You really don't need your receipt, but always nice to have for your own peace of mind. And yes, they should text sometime tomorrow, probably once from an automated system to confirm location and time and once from a live person.

Also, you don't have to remove the sunshade or rear basket for the buses in my experience, for us we don't do it because the elevators were a challenge with it at AKL Kidani, but that's because the elevators are small.

I didn't get a receipt from Gold, just 2 separate emails with my drop off and pick up appointments. I booked over the phone as was told I would pay on delivery. The phone employee seemed very helpful and knowledgeable.

Yeah, unless you request a receipt over the phone, they usually don't send one, as I said, not necessary.

We had two Go-Go Sport models and the batteries are impressive! Went all day with no issue (... now the issue came in when my mom thought, hey I don't need to charge it, battery is still green; so of course it died day 2 lol ... her fault! We told her to charge it. Had the plug, so we just had a CM help us find an outlet to charge it enough to get out of the park..this was the end of the second day, so still, impressive!)

We had two Go-Go Sport models and the batteries are impressive! Went all day with no issue (... now the issue came in when my mom thought, hey I don't need to charge it, battery is still green; so of course it died day 2 lol ... her fault! We told her to charge it. Had the plug, so we just had a CM help us find an outlet to charge it enough to get out of the park..this was the end of the second day, so still, impressive!)
Yep and I have been told that if needed they would bring a fully charged scooter out to us to swap out if something like this ever happened, but luckily we never forgot to charge the scooter at night, although once I almost didn't get the plug pushed all the way in (my fault), but luckily I caught it before bed, still I can understand how it could happen.

Yo, Gold Mobility is where its at. Thanks for the many recommendations I read here. For starters, they were half an hour late to drop it off. But they kept in communication. And THEN gave us 50% off. I told them it wasn't necessary, but they insisted that being late is not their m.o.

The unit they brought was in pristine condition. Battery life was incredible. Lights on the unit were so nice to have - so easy to spot and much safer.

The rear basket was great for storage. It did have to come off for the bus rides, but not a problem - easy on and off.

Can't say enough about em. Really appreciated them.

What's funny is that when I first started hearing the positive reviews, I disregarded them. I was reminded of the time many years ago when a "great" limo service came into Orlando (this was pre-DME days) and so I rented from them. Had one of the WORST experiences, and shortly thereafter they took the money and ran. Finally, I reluctantly tried them and quickly agreed with everything you said here. Like you, I love the rear basket. But did you rent a Go Go Sport or a bigger unit? I use the GoGo Sport, but people renting the next size up (I can't remember what it's called) often say it causes the entire unit to be too long on buses.

Our January trip we rented from Gold Mobility and had a great experience. First, the guy actually took the time to explain everything and point out what was what. (another company we rented from in November didn't do that at all) The charger was in a secure spot that didn't fall out in the course of a day's use (again, happened with that other company). All the lights worked, the lights underneath were pretty nifty. The horn wasn't very loud so we'd use that as an inside joke to honk at each other if one of us was getting on the other person's nerves. :rotfl:
Pick up and delivery were on time and very quick and easy. Only downside was it was a non-descript box truck so when it pulled up, and the guy said he was here, I wasn't quite sure where he was until I guessed it was "that plain box truck over there"

Only con I can mention is that the rental price is for a week, and we were only using it for 3 days, so we were charged that one week price. Oh, and the cup holder seemed too large for a 20oz bottle or our water bottles. The cell phone holder was nifty. Was also very easy to put into neutral when CMs had to move it to the unloading area of an attraction.

Would rent from again. :thumbsup2

On the cup holder, you can actually bend the cup holder to fit larger or smaller cups/bottles.

What's funny is that when I first started hearing the positive reviews, I disregarded them.
Same here. I was renting a scooter for my mom this past trip and the reviews seemed almost too good to be true and a couple felt like paid advertisers. But I kept seeing more and more good reviews and took a chance with them. They were wonderful. Both the delivery and pickup person were so nice to deal with. This was her first time using a scooter so we really appreciated that they walked her through everything. She was nervous about driving it and they really helped put her at ease. Their flexibility with pick up and drop off times is a big help too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!