Rack rate room availability

mommajo143

DIS Veteran
anyone know why I can’t find / book a room at pop century for 11/2-11/6; I say this because if I look at pop century 11/2-11/7, same party size, rack rate & special offer shows availability & I can book ...but if I shorten the trip by one day it says no rooms available - not under the offer or under rack rate? Can I maybe book 11/2-11/7 & then cancel the last night later? Seems odd to me...

anyone know why I can’t find / book a room at pop century for 11/2-11/6; I say this because if I look at pop century 11/2-11/7, same party size, rack rate & special offer shows availability & I can book ...but if I shorten the trip by one day it says no rooms available - not under the offer or under rack rate?

This is the revenue maximizing algorithm at work. The objective is to eliminate vacant rooms. If allowing you to book the shorter trip will leave that room vacant for that one night, it will show as unavailable for the shorter trip.

Can I maybe book 11/2-11/7 & then cancel the last night later? Seems odd to me...

Maybe, but it will take speaking to Guest Services to override the system. Sometimes they do say no though. You used to be able to do this up until about 18 months ago.

Maybe, but it will take speaking to Guest Services to override the system. Sometimes they do say no though. You used to be able to do this up until about 18 months ago.

It seems to me guest services is booking through the exact same web page we are.

It seems to me guest services is booking through the exact same web page we are.

Both the frontline phone CMs and guest services do use the same web interface but only Guest Services has the ability to override the system and book a shorter stay than the system will allow.

This is the revenue maximizing algorithm at work. The objective is to eliminate vacant rooms. If allowing you to book the shorter trip will leave that room vacant for that one night, it will show as unavailable for the shorter trip.

Wish I'd seen this before I posted a thread asking the exact same question a few hours ago. Good information, and very smart on Disney's part, but it bums me out because of the lack of available rooms on our dates.

I would not be discouraged by their crazy booking algorithm. I wanted a 3 night stay for this upcoming holiday weekend and it would not let me have it. I had booked a 4 night stay which was originally what we planned, but we realized we had concert tickets the night we were set to arrive, so we needed to shorten the stay by that night. I checked diligently online for weeks, trying to modify what I had, no luck. Finally I called Disney and she did have to put me on hold and get GS to override it, but they happily did it. I wish I had called weeks earlier and just had them do it!!! Yes, as OP said, they don’t have to do it. If they won’t do it, just cancel your reservation and you will get your deposit back as long as you are within the time window.

Thanks - I was afraid of this.

I really dislike this system! I have tried for 5 night trips and the online booking has shown no availability. I have had luck calling too, buy waiting on hold isn't fun. I hope you get the resort you're looking for. Have a great trip!

I believe that is the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon this year. 11/1 thru 11/4 is the dates for the expo and runs. I'm guessing there may not be a lot of availability because of that going on.

If you are going for the Wine & Dine Half I would recommend checking out the run disney website as they get discounts on rooms for the different running events they have throughout the year. I only know this because my DW has run all but one of the run disney events at WDW (Star Wars run which she'll complete in 2019).

Following...I'm in the same boat....trying to make reservations for my in laws who decided to tag along on our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!