Rain covers for strollers

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
I remember seeing threads on this before, but I can't remember from what stores people said they had bought see-through stroller covers to use when it rains. I checked our Toys R Us and Target, and can't find anything. Can someone please help?
Thanks!

I hope soemone can give you the answer your are looking for. I'll try a search and see what I can come up with. We had these in Germany 10 years ago but I haven't thought of them since then. But a much needed item in Fl just in case.

I bought mine at Sears when I bought my Graco Breeze light weight stroller. I think it was about $15 dollars. It's made by Graco, but it says that it will fit any stroller with a cover. I know I have also seen them at Babies R Us and for the double strollers also. We'll be using ours, well, hopefully not b/c of rain, in 5 days!!

We always use one. It is so nice. We have two and got one at target and the other at WalMart. It is a Graco one, too. Fits all strollers.

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep looking at some of the other stores here in town. I also found one on toysrus.com that I will probably order if I can't find one locally. Someone also mentioned looking at a used baby-goods store which I had not thought of before.

"Graco stroller covering"??? I think I will try Ebay. Planning to visit Disney in April...does it rain alot, you know what they say...APril showers bring May flowers...

Go to www.toysrus.com and do a search for stroller accessories. They have a cover by Graco, and it might give the actual name and model number. Hope this helps!

Bought ours 2 years ago at Walmart $10.00 CDN ( about $6.00 USF). It's great! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

... and their online store, bcfdirect.com HOWEVER, be warned that BD does not give cash refunds for returns, they grant store credit only. This means BRING YOUR STROLLER TO THE STORE (probably a good idea anyway.)

The Graco cover is the most widely available, but be advised that many strollers do not work well with it, especially the super-umbrellas such as Plikos, Chiccos and Maclarens. Because of the height of the hoods on my super-umbrellas, I ended up buying a cover for a tandem so that it would cover DS' legs and the cargo basket. It's loose on the sides, but is otherwise perfect. (BTW: these covers do not have frames like European raincovers; they suspend from the stroller hood.)

anf they do not carry rain covers (go figure, we live in the south and it always rains) Anyway, hate to buy sight unseen. We have a Grand Sport Kolcraft stroller. Do you think the graco will fit it? Thanks

I don't think you would have a problem with the Graco fitting it. It is designed so that it fits most strollers. It looks kinda like a rectangel without one of the smaller sides. It has a top with the part that goes between the handles so the back is covered also. The sides slide down around the stroller and it has two air vents, one on each side. The front goes down the front. Anyways, there isn't a lot of fit to the one I have. We bought a new stroller and it fit just fine. Even if it is a little big it would still be better than trying to rig something up.

We used our one night at Epcot when it poured. You couldn't see from one country to the next because it was raining so hard. It flooded in all the shops that were the open air type of thing. We had to walk halfway around the world...we were soaked but our son was pleasantly dry along with all our stuff. For us it was a life saver. We never go without ours.

In fact, I need to pull it out and put it in our pile. We are leaving in 19 days. If It is strange they don't have them there. We were in WalMart in Phoenix (seldom rains here except during the last world series game) and they had some. Good luck with your search.

and congrats on the Diamondbacks winning the series. I rooted for them the whole way. Great game last night too!!!!!!

Cheeringmom

Thanks. It was a pretty dynamic ending. That being said...I will be glad when the parade,etc. is over on Wed. Our entire news is about world series. After awhile, it can begin to get on your nerves...but it was great for our economy. We needed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter