• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Cafe - AK lunch

AMonir

Mouseketeer
THE SCENE: The Rainforest Cafe scene was pretty amazing. The whole indoor rainforest thing was so unique, and really cool. I'm all about themed restaurants, so I definitely enjoyed this. However, I do have to say that the regular noisy thunderstorms became pretty headache-inducing. Same with the servers coming out regularly and yelling "VOLCAAAANOOOO" when serving someone that dessert. I think the noise factor of this restaurant makes it more appealing to teenagers or families with kids, and not so much for adults. Rating: B for adults, A for kids or teenagers.

THE FOOD: Pretty great, actually! I LOVED the foccaccia bread they gave us to start with, plus my strawberry smoothie was delicious. I ordered the Rasta Pasta, which was SOOOOO DELICIOUS, but also so rich that I could barely finish half of it! We ended up being too full for dessert, but of course we got Mickey Bars later. =) Rating: A-

THE SERVICE: Pretty great also, and I was very surprised, considering all the bad reviews I'd read about the service here. Our wait wasn't bad at all, and our server was very attentive and sweet. Rating: A.

Overall, this wasn't one of my Top Fave Restaurants of our trip, but the next time I come to AK, unless I try Jiko or Boma, I'd totally come here again.

We are going there on 10/24 and I was a little concerned with all the negative reviews. We've ate at the Rainforest Cafe in Niagara Falls and the kids loved it, which is why we had plans to eat there while at Disney World. So happy to read your post. :thumbsup2 :sunny: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I find that ordering sandwiches/salads/pizzas from Rainforest Cafe is the best bet. They have a really good turkey wrap and a barbeque chicken sandwich. I would stay away from steaks or anything "fancy." We love the volcano dessert!! Drinks are great too!

caribear said:
I find that ordering sandwiches/salads/pizzas from Rainforest Cafe is the best bet. They have a really good turkey wrap and a barbeque chicken sandwich. I would stay away from steaks or anything "fancy." We love the volcano dessert!! Drinks are great too!

The volcano dessert is great! We shared this between the three of us (myself, DH and DS3 at the time). It was even too much for us to finish.

We have our reservations for the 31st (before MNSSHP). I absolutely :love: the atmosphere. The only thing our son had a problem with at the time was the "lightening and thunder". I think the "thunder" effect was a little too scary for him. But he loved the animal effects and the big fish tanks.

When we went back in March, my DH laughed and commented on how awestruck I had looked. I told him I felt as if I was back in Disney World again. DH has been there in the past when he was coming back home from a business trip, so it was nothing new to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter