Rainforest Cafe in DTD

Mom2micayla

DIS Veteran
We are planning on eating a late lunch there on our trip.. either Mon. Feb. 27th or Wed. Mar 1st. Can anyone tell me if they do PS? If they do, how far in advance do they do it & do you think we'd need it for a weekday?

They do take Ps', I think at least one month in advance. The number is 714-772-0413. I wouldn't think lunch at that time would be too busy, but I am so anal, control freakish I would probably make one anyway!

The red snapper encrusted with macadamia nuts is so good!

Don't forget the volcano too!

We love going there! We did not make PS's. But only because we had no idea which night or if we would even end up going. We ended up having to wait a little bit, but it wasn't bad because my sister and I went early, put our names on the list, and then went across to Starbilia's to look around. I swear I could spend hours in that place, so I didn't mind one bit! :goodvibes

Awesome. Thanks for the phone number, Amy!

crazymomof 4 said:
I made mine for Feb. 28 last weekend!

We're doing the Princess lunch that day. It sounds like we'll probably see each other around the park then. :)

We made reservations I think well over a month for our trip at the start of January.

I don't know if we'll go to Rainforest when we head south in April. I was really disappointed last time we went to DTD. The lines were really long so we made ps for another day. Still had to wait 30 minutes. I don't mind waiting a half hour but my kids have trouble. The food was cold when it came, they completely messed up our order and I think it's overpriced for what you get. We like the Rainforest Cafe in South Coast Plaza much better. Fewer people, kids eat free on Wednesdays and the service is much better.
So if any of you are renting a car and going to the beach for the day I recommend going to the mall on a Wednesday!

Where is South Coast Plaza? I'm not adverse to driving there instead if it's not terribly far away. We'll have our van so it wouldn't be a big deal. :)

It's in Costa Mesa off the 55 freeway, so it's on the way to Newport Beach. If you take the carpool lane - which I highly recommend - you can be there in about 15 minutes or less if you don't go at rushhour.
Rainforest is by Nordstrom on the bottom level. I would double check and make sure they still have kids eat free on Wednesday before you go.
It's a nice break from dl and if you're planning on seeing anything other than dl it's a good place to go with the kids.

Our timeshare we used last Oct. was in Newport. Definitely doable. :) Thanks for the heads up. I think we'll try and make that part of our plans.

I meant to ask how the DTD Rainforest Cafe prices compare to the average RFC? I can get the prices of the stuff at the DTD one on dlr, but the Rainforest Cafe website doesn't list prices. Are they much more expensive?

I don't remember if DTD charges more :) But it does seem to cost me more at DTD. There may be an additional tax but I can't be sure.

Pir8girl said:
It's in Costa Mesa off the 55 freeway, so it's on the way to Newport Beach. If you take the carpool lane - which I highly recommend - you can be there in about 15 minutes or less if you don't go at rushhour.
Rainforest is by Nordstrom on the bottom level. I would double check and make sure they still have kids eat free on Wednesday before you go.
It's a nice break from dl and if you're planning on seeing anything other than dl it's a good place to go with the kids.

It's actually off the 405 fwy, Bristol exit. It's also located next to the Sears at South Coast, not the Nordstroms. Nordstoms is in a different part of the mall near the high-end designer stores. Here's the link for more info: http://www.southcoastplaza.com/.

They no longer offer free kids meals on Wednesdays but they do offer kids meals at a reduce price, I think it was $2.99. It does not include a drink and there may be a stipulation that only one kids meal at this price per paying adult. Double check directly with the restaurant.

Can't you get off the 55 at South Coast Plaza? I know there's a 405 exit but I thought there is a 55 exit as well.
Sorry, I just drive by braille :)
I thought Rainforest was between Sears and Nordy's. But once again, I just drive and don't pay attention :)

Pir8girl said:
Can't you get off the 55 at South Coast Plaza? I know there's a 405 exit but I thought there is a 55 exit as well.
Sorry, I just drive by braille :)
I thought Rainforest was between Sears and Nordy's. But once again, I just drive and don't pay attention :)

If you were to exit off the 55 fwy, you'd probably take the MacArthur exit, drive a bit and turn left on Bristol. Unless there's a traffic jam, it wouldn't make much sense to do it that way. The 405 fwy interchange is right after the MacArthur exit and the Bristol exit is right after that. Much faster and South Coast is right next to the 405 fwy.

Sears and Nordstroms are in different wings of the mall. It would be quite a walk from Nordstroms if you're walking inside the mall. That said, if you were to exit Nordstroms on the Sunflower St. side and walk through the parking lot and the parking structure next to Sears, that might be a shorter route from the Nordstroms wing but this is a pretty busy mall. I personally wouldn't want to take that route because of the traffic. Take a look at the map on the South Coast website and you'll see what I mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter