Ratatouille To Epcot

bwang123

Earning my Beers
Hopefully this becomes more than a rumor.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/rumor...-overlay-more-ip-attractions-coming-to-epcot/

Mapped it out and it can fit in two different places around the France Pavilion.

rat.png

rat.png

Last edited:
From what I hear its not happening.

Why? is it one of those things where it makes too much sense so Disney refuse to do it. Same with Tron for future world, Ratatouille for France would be such an obvious fit. Far better fit than GotG for Future World.

Both are existing rides so no development costs. Must just be too obvious for Disney.

Why? is it one of those things where it makes too much sense so Disney refuse to do it. Same with Tron for future world, Ratatouille for France would be such an obvious fit. Far better fit than GotG for Future World.

Both are existing rides so no development costs. Must just be too obvious for Disney.
From what I've heard they don't want to pay for it. I'm guessing they might want to keep it exclusive for Paris a while since it has brought people into their studios park. I know it makes sense but from what I'm hearing it just isn't happening.

The one behind the pavilion isn't logical. That area is actually used by cast especially during food and wine and flower and garden. It is also the location of the emergency entrance and exit for that area.

From what I've heard they don't want to pay for it. I'm guessing they might want to keep it exclusive for Paris a while since it has brought people into their studios park. I know it makes sense but from what I'm hearing it just isn't happening.

Using a ride in Orlando would have ZERO effect on Paris.

Nobody is forgoing a trip to euro to go to Orlando or vice versa...not much of a competitive situation there.

I can agree they might not want to spend on it. Epcot is currently the redhead of the family.

Nobody is forgoing a trip to euro to go to Orlando or vice versa...not much of a competitive situation there.

I can agree they might not want to spend on it. Epcot is currently the redhead of the family.

Agreed on all accounts.

I'd love to see a Remy-type attraction in Orlando. Not thinking it would actually be the same Remy ride from DLP, which is really, really good though. The new ride mechanism could be re-themed to several other locations (World Showcase, ore another park) that don't already have an attraction.

Heck, I'd be happy if they brought the Rat back to dinner @ Chefs de France. I'll never understand for the life of me why that went away (it surely wasn't a cost issue).
Le Chefs de France is a third party Operating Participant at WDW. They are not ran, controlled, not funded by WDW. From what I heard they requested that Remy be removed, Disney didn't argue.

Best ride at Paris. I rode it over and over thinking... this would one day makes it way into epcot. This uses the trackless ride system that I believe they may be using in Star Wars land. This ride is Disney at its best.

Best ride at Paris. I rode it over and over thinking... this would one day makes it way into epcot. This uses the trackless ride system that I believe they may be using in Star Wars land. This ride is Disney at its best.
Yes they are supposed to be using this trackless technology in the battle ride for Star Wars land.

But I wouldn't be surprised if after the work is done at AK and DHS that Epcot is next for some big changes. Either that or a redo of Tomorrowland in MK. We are talking like 5 years from now but I have patience. Lol!

Last edited:
Me and my sister talked about it whenever it opened in Paris and the whole Frozen debacle in Norway was going on. She didn't want any "film-based" properties in World Showcase. I told her in the case of Ratatouille where it is so authentically French and that the French adore that movie it should be ok, and as Gran Fiesta Tour is authentically Mexican since the source material was propaganda to get south American countries to stay with the allies and celebrates the area of Mexico in the ride itself so that those two examples were fine for World Showcase. Shame Ratatouille isn't happening though, it would've been a good fit

Me and my sister talked about it whenever it opened in Paris and the whole Frozen debacle in Norway was going on. She didn't want any "film-based" properties in World Showcase. I told her in the case of Ratatouille where it is so authentically French and that the French adore that movie it should be ok, and as Gran Fiesta Tour is authentically Mexican since the source material was propaganda to get south American countries to stay with the allies and celebrates the area of Mexico in the ride itself so that those two examples were fine for World Showcase. Shame Ratatouille isn't happening though, it would've been a good fit

Well since it doesn't seem like Disney is going to upgrade the pavilions in World Showcase I want to at least see them do something. So attractions are fine by me.

But I wouldn't be surprised if after the work is done at AK and DHS that Epcot is next for some big changes. Either that or a redo of Tomorrowland in MK. We are talking like 5 years from now but I have patience. Lol!
Epcot doesn't have to wait for AK and DHS. If you'll see in other threads on this board projects for Epcot are very active.

I'm not so sure about that. Both resorts receives lots of visitors from the UK.

I'm not so sure about that. Both resorts receives lots of visitors from the UK.

Kinda a bad example...

The Brits that go to Orlando aren't sacrificing that for anything...

And since it's already in Paris...what would be the downside to putting in Orlando?

Since Paris is more of a "regional" destination...it's not quite the same market

It's different than trying to get people in St. Louis or Texas to go to Disneyland AND WDW

Kind of a strawberries to oranges comparison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!