Rate Question

Megan

Earning My Ears
Hello! I recently booked my honeymoon at the Contemporary Resort for next May. The reservationist told me that the rates aren't out yet for 2004, but I could go ahead and make my reservations, but the rate might change. I wanted to be sure I had a tower room booked, so I went ahead and made the reservation and paid my deposit. Now I a wondering if the rates do change, will my deposit that I already made still hold my room or will I have so much time to pay the balance? I'm just a little nervous that I will lose my reservation because I paid the deposit on the 2003 room rates and not the 2004 rates. Will they notify me if the rate changes or do I just need to keep checking? Thanks for any info!!! Megan

You will need to keep checking assuming you booked it yourself - this board, http://www.mousesavers.com are good sources of info. Did you get an 8 or 12 digit reservation number (this will tell you whether reservation through WTDC or CRO)?

Yes, your deposit will still hold your room.

There have been discounts for May this year - for example there was a deluxe resort room only discount of $100/night off of posted rates.

Another thing to consider is to book/change the reservation to be through Dreams Unlimited (the board sponsors) and they will monitor the rate for you.

Thanks
jaysue

What they normally do if you book before the rates are out is book you at Rack rate for Regular season. I believe May falls into the Regular season, so unless Disney increases their rates, the rate you have now may remain the same. The 2003 rates came out about the first week in June of 2002. Like jaysue mentioned, be sure and keep checking these boards and Mousesavers.com to see if any special discount codes come out for your time period. And good luck to you in planning your wedding!! ~:p~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter