Ravagers don’t dance- but we do! A Marvel Day at Sea DCL TR Updated 11/21

pirate-y for pirate night.
One must do what one must do
I got there 15 minutes early and was the 4th person in line. Only 5 minutes later the line got super long, so that was good timing on my part.
Very good timing! Rope drop for the win!
Like your costume. :) The sash seals the deal.
Me: Where’s your rum?
Jack: Maybe the monkey has it? If you find it, bring it here.
Me: Eh if I do that I’ll probably just drink it all.
Jack: You’re as bad as Gibbs!
Me: Hopefully I smell better…
Jack: *sniffs* yes, you do smell better than Gibbs
:laughing:
I love Jack.
And rum.
Not a rum fan, however I've never mixed jack and rum, so who knows.
Hook told me I could join his crew if I swabbed the deck. I told him no way in Davy Jones’s Locker would I do that, I’m too fancy.
I'm sure you are. :)
Then he tried to take my earrings and give them to Smee but I told them they had to go get their own treasure.
:laughing:
Unless you’re from Kansas or Missouri, you have no idea how big of a deal this is. Most people assume Kansas City is in Kansas. While there is a KCK, most of KC is actually in Missouri. The downtown, the sports arenas, the concert venues, all the big stuff. So to have someone actually ask that question is huge.
Wow! I had no idea and I wonder how he did?
I miss fireworks.

And dancing in crowds.

And being on a cruise ship.
All of that. And I've never even been on a cruise ship before.
mmmm... that looks good. Wonder if it's the same recipe as the one at BOG?
I do theater and have played in bands and am used to performing in front of people but for some reason I was SUPER nervous.
Do you get nervous before a theater or band performance? Perhaps it was the solo aspect?
when I started to sing I was SEVERAL steps off key and it took me forever to find my way back to the right one. I mean, I’m not about to win any singing shows but I can decently carry a tune. But you wouldn’t have been able to tell from that lovely performance.
I'm sure you were fine and probably better than a lot of the others.
With that, it was time to go hide in the room and pretend I didn’t exist for the rest of the night.
:hug:

Jack Sparrow was first on my list to meet. I got there 15 minutes early and was the 4th person in line. Only 5 minutes later the line got super long, so that was good timing on my part.
On our cruise in December, there was a pretty decent crowd of people waiting to meet Jack, but no CMs in sight to organize the group...two different lines started to form and I was so torn but eventually picked one. (the RIGHT one!) When the photographer and CM showed up and informed the group waiting on the other side of the stage that they needed to join the other line, I thought a riot might ensue!!

Another observation--I'm so jealous of your amazing lighting!! Our pictures all came out super red and dark.
20191225_191948

Very good timing! Rope drop for the win!
If there's one thing I know, it's my way around a rope drop.

Not a rum fan, however I've never mixed jack and rum, so who knows.
That sounds like a pretty typical Saturday night for me.

I had no idea and I wonder how he did?
Maybe he's performed in the area before? It's a very useful bit of random geography knowledge.

Wonder if it's the same recipe as the one at BOG?
It's much MUCH better

Do you get nervous before a theater or band performance? Perhaps it was the solo aspect?
Yeah it's not unusual for me to get nervous. It's a fairly constant state of being.

Another observation--I'm so jealous of your amazing lighting!! Our pictures all came out super red and dark.
Wow yeah that's unfortunate lighting. was it outside? Jack was inside on our cruise and that helped a lot.

Y'all.

Y'ALL.

I dropped the ball on finishing this report. I would apologize but I don't hold myself in such high esteem as to believe that anyone else was impacted by my abrupt departure. There was only one day left in the report before debarkation anyway so let me sum it up - Castaway Cay was and continues to be one of my favorite places on this planet. We had the most perfect weather, the sea was beautifully calm and warm, and I learned that if you stick around until the late afternoon the servers at Serenity Bay will come by and offer BOGO free drinks.

We ended the cruise with two fun activities - another around of trivia in which we ONCE AGAIN got first place. That's right, folks. Two first place medals for us on this cruise. The second was a silent disco that was surprisingly fun.

All in all this was a fantastic trip, which was good because of course it was the last trip we took before everything we knew went to hell.

But the good news? We booked almost this exact cruise again - and it leaves NEXT WEEK. And this one is somehow even BETTER because it has not one, but TWO stops at Castaway Cay! I'm playing around with the idea of taking up TR writing again and kicking it off with this upcoming cruise. I've missed speaking into the void and the void sometimes responding with funny comments and gifs (this is me saying I've missed the connection I have with everyone here - please enjoy this moment of me in my feels because it will not be happening again any time soon). So if that sounds like something you might get a kick out of (and if you want to know what it's like to cruise during a panini) then maybe check back in after a couple of weeks.

I assure you, you are not talking into a void. I am here!! :yay:

I admit I haven't been here all along, but will be looking forward to going back and reading this and also reading about your upcoming cruise.

Wish I had known about the BOGO drinks last week! And also wish Hubby and I were coming with you next week!!

I dropped the ball on finishing this report. I would apologize but I don't hold myself in such high esteem as to believe that anyone else was impacted by my abrupt departure.
Actually, we were all impacted by your abrupt departure. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Castaway Cay was and continues to be one of my favorite places on this planet.
Some day I hope to be able to visit.

Some day.
I learned that if you stick around until the late afternoon the servers at Serenity Bay will come by and offer BOGO free drinks.
This is good intel.
another around of trivia in which we ONCE AGAIN got first place.
Woot! Way to go! I suck at trivia. I know the answers... (sometimes) but always after the fact. The answer is... (me: "Dang it! I know this... what's the donkey's name... ugh... stupid brain-fart... you know this. your... you're... you are...") Time's up! The answer is Eeyore! (me: "DANG IT!")
But the good news? We booked almost this exact cruise again - and it leaves NEXT WEEK.
Hey! That's great!!
maybe check back in after a couple of weeks.
::yes::

Have a great cruise!

Wish I had known about the BOGO drinks last week!
I will be so disappointed if this isn't a thing next week. The best part was my DH was asleep when they came around so I got both just for me :D

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
[this was my plan all along]

Woot! Way to go! I suck at trivia. I know the answers... (sometimes) but always after the fact. The answer is... (me: "Dang it! I know this... what's the donkey's name... ugh... stupid brain-fart... you know this. your... you're... you are...") Time's up! The answer is Eeyore! (me: "DANG IT!")
I'm not a competitive person until it comes to trivia, and especially Disney trivia. I will throw hands if needed.

Have a great cruise!
Thank you!

Yay!!! So glad you came back :) And you are definitely not speaking into the void!! I would LOVE to follow along on your cruise TR. Rob and I are scheduled to cruise in June on our 15th anniversary redo from being canceled last year! I would LOVE all your insights about cruising mid/post/wherever we are-pandemic!

We had the most perfect weather, the sea was beautifully calm and warm, and I learned that if you stick around until the late afternoon the servers at Serenity Bay will come by and offer BOGO free drinks.
I'm here for this kind of information, I've gotta say! :drinking1 :lovestruc

Yay!!! So glad you came back :) And you are definitely not speaking into the void!! I would LOVE to follow along on your cruise TR. Rob and I are scheduled to cruise in June on our 15th anniversary redo from being canceled last year! I would LOVE all your insights about cruising mid/post/wherever we are-pandemic!

I'm here for this kind of information, I've gotta say! :drinking1 :lovestruc
I will be sure to report back specifically about BOGO adult beverages on Castaway. The thought of it is the only thing getting me through this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter