RC Brilliance of the Seas: Tip Question and Cozumel Shore Excursions

ancestry

Trees Without Roots Fall Over
Hubby and I cruised many times when we were first married but this will be our first cruise in 16 years and we will have two teenagers with us. Doing a 4 night on the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa at the beginning of January.

I have a couple of questions:

1) We prepaid for the tips as part of our package pricing. I think it was $13.50 per person per day (or something close to that). Is there anyone or anything I need to tip for that isn't included in those prepaid tips? (Last time we cruised in 2001 you put cash in an envelope and handed it over to the respective people on the last day.)

2) Can anyone recommend a RC shore excursion at Cozumel that won't be "boring" for two fifteen year olds? Hubby and I have done the horseback riding multiple times and aren't interested in repeating that. We also don't want a really long one (like Chichen Itza that is 8+ hours). Would love to do one of the ATV ones but they seem to have a minimum age limit of 16. The caves look interested but not sure of the water temperature in early January.

3) Is soap/shampoo/conditioner provide in the staterooms of Brilliance of the Seas?

4) Other than purchasing the wifi/internet package (which I don't want to do as the cost is crazy and I'm trying to get the kids to put down their phones somewhat) is there any way to stay in touch with my kids on the ship? If we split up how can I find them -- is there an app that works on the ship or internet intranet for just on the ship?

Thanks for your help!

1. The prepaid tips take care of most. The only tips not covered are the 18% gratuity added to alcohol purchase or anyone else you care to tip for going above and beyond. No need to extend any tips above what was prepaid if you don't care to.

2. I can't speak to shore excursions, we usually stay onboard and enjoy the quiet at the pool or head to a beach.

3. They provide 2 wafers of soap for shower and sink. And they also provide a wall container of a shampoo/conditioner mix in the shower. You are on your own if care for anything more.

4. This is not one of their technologically advanced ship. I refuse to buy wifi package as well, so we go old school with extended range Walkie Talkies. The ship is a reasonable size and they work quite well.

I second all the answers provided. As far as shore excursions, we always have good luck with Chankanaab park. Swimming with Dolphins, decent snorkeling right off of their beach, among other things. You don't need to book with the ship and can just grab a taxi from the port (it's not far, 10-15 minutes I think), but you have to pay for admission and things like Dolphin encounters are extra.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter