RCI Points Question

BWoody

Tusker Lager Lover
Hey everyone! Question about points and booking with RCI. My understanding is that DVC points, when deposited into RCI, must be in 10 point increments. What happens when an RCI booking is an odd number though? Say whatever booking in RCI is 92 points, does that mean I would need to deposit 100 points and potentially lose 8 points? Or is it just that deposits must be in 10 point increments but when booking through MS they can use an odd number of non-deposited points to complete a booking? For example, I deposit 70 points, booking is 92, so when I call MS to do the reservation, they can use the 70 deposited points and then take 22 points that are still in DVC to complete the reservation without taking the extra 8 points?

Also, to confirm, when points are deposited into RCI I would have 2.5 years to use them and is that calculated from deposit date or end of use year? Thanks!

We have point that expire in jan, if i put into rci can i use them to stay at disney properties in florida or europe ?

We have point that expire in jan, if i put into rci can i use them to stay at disney properties in florida or europe ?

You can not use them for Disney once in RCI. I don’t know what is available overseas.

RCI has properties around the world including Florida. But you can't stay at Disney properties.

The deposit is a minimum of 10 but you can deposit any amount you would like. So if your reservation is 92 points you only have to deposit 92
I deposited points into RCI last week. I had 122 banked 2018 points that would have expired the end of Sept, and I wanted to get them in before the 45 days deposit deadline. I was told by the CM that I could only deposit in 10 point increments...so my options were to deposit 120 and let 2 points expire, or deposits in an extra 8 (perfectly good) points. 🙄

I deposited points into RCI last week. I had 122 banked 2018 points that would have expired the end of Sept, and I wanted to get them in before the 45 days deposit deadline. I was told by the CM that I could only deposit in 10 point increments...so my options were to deposit 120 and let 2 points expire, or deposits in an extra 8 (perfectly good) points. 🙄

Are RCI reservations "charged" at increments of 10 as well? Otherwise, many exchanges result in leftover points that end up going to waste!

LAX

Interesting I booked an 82 points stay last year. And transferred exactly 82 points.

Maybe new rules are in place? It sounds like FinnFogg made a deposit and reservation recently.

LAX
Just deposit. No reservation yet. Maybe the rules are different when you deposit points to extend the life vs booking a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!