RCI trade question

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
when you trade to lets say Punta Cana for an all-inclusive resort ,white week 144 pts does that include the all inclusive or do you have to pay more?
We never traded before so we don't know what's included:goodvibes
with the trade. I'm still trying to figure out the RCI site.

Points cover the accommodations only. Any all-inclusive fees are extra.

I stayed at a all inclusive Dude Ranch a few years back and it covered everything from rooms, meals, tennis lessons, and other outdoor activities. This was 5 years ago so that might have changed by now.

I stayed at a all inclusive Dude Ranch a few years back and it covered everything from rooms, meals, tennis lessons, and other outdoor activities. This was 5 years ago so that might have changed by now.

From the Member website under Vacation Planning > How to Book > World Passport Collection (tab) > Know Before You Book (click 'Read More'):
If you book an exchange with the "all-inclusive" option, your vacation points will cover only the accommodations. There will also be an all-inclusive resort fee, which is payable to the resort and due at check-in.

RCI Disclosure Guide from Member Website. See Page 2 (Definitions).

https://dvc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...isclosures/2013-2014_RCI_DISCLOSURE_GUIDE.pdf

And, according to Dean, that all inclusive fee can be very high. About as much as renting directly with the resort.

That sounds like the Concierge option that was available, different than through RCI.

And, according to Dean, that all inclusive fee can be very high. About as much as renting directly with the resort.
I've seen it over $4K for 2 people. It should say on the RCI DVC website whether the AI is mandatory and what the cost is.

when you trade to lets say Punta Cana for an all-inclusive resort ,white week 144 pts does that include the all inclusive or do you have to pay more?
We never traded before so we don't know what's included:goodvibes
with the trade. I'm still trying to figure out the RCI site.
What resort are you looking at? The 3 of the mandatory AI's are roughly $2000 for 2 people while the one with 3 BR only is roughly $700 PER DAY for up to 6 people but you must pay for 6 even if you have less. The Paradisus options are likely the best of that lot from what I can see, I have a coworker headed there in a month for a destination wedding. I think the reserve is better rooms but further from the ocean IIRC. They have a designation with AI options and one with AI mandatory. I doubt there's any different in price/options but don't know for sure. There really are only 5 resorts even though you see 7 listings. Personally I'd find an RCI or II member you know and get them to book for you rather than using DVC points. You should be able to get good options on short notice and even with a guest cert fee, for less than $300 for a 1 BR per week.

That sounds like the Concierge option that was available, different than through RCI.

I've seen it over $4K for 2 people. It should say on the RCI DVC website whether the AI is mandatory and what the cost is.

What resort are you looking at? The 3 of the mandatory AI's are roughly $2000 for 2 people while the one with 3 BR only is roughly $700 PER DAY for up to 6 people but you must pay for 6 even if you have less. The Paradisus options are likely the best of that lot from what I can see, I have a coworker headed there in a month for a destination wedding. I think the reserve is better rooms but further from the ocean IIRC. They have a designation with AI options and one with AI mandatory. I doubt there's any different in price/options but don't know for sure. There really are only 5 resorts even though you see 7 listings. Personally I'd find an RCI or II member you know and get them to book for you rather than using DVC points. You should be able to get good options on short notice and even with a guest cert fee, for less than $300 for a 1 BR per week.

Melia Caribe Tropical is where my sister is going and I just wanted to know how RCI works.

Melia Caribe Tropical is where my sister is going and I just wanted to know how RCI works.
I think all versions of that resort listing (there are actually 5) are optional AI with RCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter