Reactive Attachment Disorder

coming in late I just found this post
our son has not been dx but I know he has RAD

we found the best therapist off of this site we had tried 3 other ones before and they didn't do a thing for him or I. It is worth the hour drive each way once a week. Things are still hard and we are playing the med game here. He goes to a new dr on the 13th which I hope will pull him off of 2 meds and change things up for him. I just want him to be stable :lmao: and for him to sleep. 12 yrs of no sleep with alarms on his door/window I am wiped out and need a good nights sleep one of these days ;)

I wanted to give you all an update. School isnt working for Luke so come summer we will be back to homeschooling. Having him in school is actually worse than having him at home. These past several weeks, I have had about all I can take of being called a b&%$# and told how much I am hated. He is raging daily now and has started lying, stealing, and destroying my possessions. It does not help that I miscarried either. All of this just compounds. He actually does so much better over school breaks that I cant help but think school is just not the best option for him. Homeschooling is hard but school is harder for us. Hope all of you are doing well.

I wanted to give you all an update. School isnt working for Luke so come summer we will be back to homeschooling. Having him in school is actually worse than having him at home. These past several weeks, I have had about all I can take of being called a b&%$# and told how much I am hated. He is raging daily now and has started lying, stealing, and destroying my possessions. It does not help that I miscarried either. All of this just compounds. He actually does so much better over school breaks that I cant help but think school is just not the best option for him. Homeschooling is hard but school is harder for us. Hope all of you are doing well.

:hug: I am so sorry for your loss and everything that is going on with the little guy.... sending pixiedust and prayers your way.

I totally understand the need to homeschool!!! DD11 acts out more because her teachers won't do their part enforcing basic rules with her. She is stealing lipstick from classmates this semester which totally grosses me out. I explained herpes and she seemed perked up by the idea of contracting it :sad2:

:hug: Hang in there!

sl underwood - So sorry for your loss and that things are not working with your son at school. My son hates school and I hear about it every day. I am so sorry your son is having such a hard time adjusting. :hug:

Kat - Does your daughter have trouble sleeping too? I dont' think my DS has slept a wink in years. Dr. is finally refering us to a sleep study. I just hope they can help us. I know his lack of sleep just compounds things.
I hear you on the school not enforcing things. I get calls on a daily basis and I just want to tell them DEAL WITH IT!!!! Punish him there!!!

Goodness yes, she has sleep issues! When she was little I would hear her swinging her legs over the safety bedrail for hours! We had to put childlocks on the closet because she climbed the shelves and fell one night (still unsure there was not brain damage from that fall!). She wedged herself between the headboard and the wall one night and we could hear her screaming but could not find her for several minutes (that still ranks as one of the scariest moments of my life!). We had to turn her dresser toward the wall because she would open and close the doors all night. Thankfully she is 11 and ENJOYS her sleep now. An actual blessing of puberty... who woulda thought?!

Goodness yes, she has sleep issues! When she was little I would hear her swinging her legs over the safety bedrail for hours! We had to put childlocks on the closet because she climbed the shelves and fell one night (still unsure there was not brain damage from that fall!). She wedged herself between the headboard and the wall one night and we could hear her screaming but could not find her for several minutes (that still ranks as one of the scariest moments of my life!). We had to turn her dresser toward the wall because she would open and close the doors all night. Thankfully she is 11 and ENJOYS her sleep now. An actual blessing of puberty... who woulda thought?!

Oh my....that is scary.

We've got just the opposite. DS is 12 and in the last few years he can't sleep at all - or so it seems. He used to sleep great when he was little. We're taking him for a sleep study in hopes of finding out how to help him.
Last night he decided to pull one of his teeth. :eek: It was a little lose, but no where near ready to come out. He couldn't sleep so he just yanked and pulled and poked til it came out - bloody and all. :sad2: Other nights he chews his finger and toe nails until the entire nail bed is gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter