READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this will help, but I just went and removed everyone from my friends and family who don't need to be there anymore... I had aunts, friends, etc... from trips we have taken together. I'm thinking it might speed it up if there aren't so many to check. My day will be here in October and hopefully it will help!

I'm not sure if this will help, but I just went and removed everyone from my friends and family who don't need to be there anymore... I had aunts, friends, etc... from trips we have taken together. I'm thinking it might speed it up if there aren't so many to check. My day will be here in October and hopefully it will help!

MDE automatically selects your party now. What you did would have been especially helpful pre-COVID, but isn't necessary anymore, if I'm understanding the new process correctly.

Don’t you only have an hour to get in once your bg is called?

Yes. We had until 11, with drop called at 10:00. We went right to the ride. They gave us a "alternate entry" pass for when the ride came back. We went back through and got our ride. That one had no limitations on time.

We have our last DHS reservation for tomorrow but I suppose I could try to move it to Thursday. Would anyone care to weigh in on what day might be better for DHS and getting a boarding group?

It really comes down to how lucky you feel, the luck of Attraction operations, and the impact of weather (rain/lightning).

Dave

MDE automatically selects your party now. What you did would have been especially helpful pre-COVID, but isn't necessary anymore, if I'm understanding the new process correctly.
I was just thinking from a programming perspective- if it has to check whether each person on your list is in the group- it may cause a slight delay- seconds, but it seems seconds count. I may be wrong but no harmed in cleaning up my friends list!

Update from my last post, yesterday I did get the "not in park". I only needed to go back and hit join again and the system picked everyone up. It's almost as if there was a slight delay between the join button and the detection of everyone. I was worried we'd miss out, but it was fine. We had BG 21. It took awhile for groups to start being called. We completed ToT and RnR just right around 10. Proceeded on to Slinky, an 80min wait that really took just under 60. Grabbed a quick lunch. Headed to MMRR and it went down on our way. Since we didn't care about anything else and were really only waiting and hoping for our BG before leaving for the airport, we got in line anyway. I don't even know how long that took, but we made it inside to the ramp when it went down again. At this point up to BG 20 was being called and we were racing time so we bailed and headed to GE. I was asking a CM about how long it might take to get through since we had a plane to catch when our group was called. She said we could just exit out if needed.

We made it, barely. Left DHS about 30 min after I had wanted, but we got RotR in. This was only my second ride (first in Jan) and I know of one thing that was not working and I felt a little more was missing as well. It was still enjoyable.

I hope they fix the BG process soon, but honestly, if you have to manually select everyone then go back and hit join again. Don't waste time selecting everyone (I did) and proceeding, just go back and start again seemed to work well.
Sadly it wasn't just a delay for us. I went back multiple times, getting the remove your party message before finally it said they were full. I have an Android, mom had an old iphone

I am so sorry. I tried not to say anything and I thought every Disney ride had those things in recent years so it was safe. I will delete my post. I tried so hard to not reveal anything

Everyday i lower my expectations about rotr! heck it seems like the odds are that something will go wrong!

We were at DHS today and at 10 am tried to get a BG and I got the same error as everyone else (paraphrasing) “you're not in the park today.” I kept getting that error and didn’t get past it.
But, DH was trying as well in another area close by and when the announcement was made that all Boarding Groups were gone- I was so disappointed that we didn’t get one. As we started to walk away, DH realized that he in fact DID get assigned one and it was #16. There was so much confusion surrounding today’s boarding group assigning! We did it last Wed and it went very smoothly! The only issue today was I was not assigned with him. So we found a GET person to help us and she added me on in a few seconds. Thankfully we were right by SciFi at 10am so when we realized there was a glitch we quickly got in line to see if I could be added. The line quickly formed all the way down past the ABC Comissary w folks with boarding group issues.
We finally got called at 1:15PM.

does everyone who had the error automatically get a BG ?? or at what point to they tell you that you are out of luck?

that sucks so much!!
Did the GET do anything for you if you waited to talk to them??

Right after 10 when the GET lines were so long, other guests started coming back through the lines and telling others waiting that GET wasn’t doing anything so no need to stand in line. We weren’t moving so we left. Later in the morning we went back into a much shorter line and received a FP but not for ROTR. They can’t place anyone in a BG unless someone in your party got a BG and the rest did not. For us, neither of us could get it so we were out of luck. Another poster mentioned that everyone near them in Toy Story Land got BGs...no one near us (near ToT and RnRC) got one. The sounds of frustration were echoing all around, lol!

They didn't open temp check until 9:15 today. We walked over from Beach Club this morning. Got a ride on MMRR before it was time for RotR. We got group 9. Our group was called and by the we made it over to the ride it was down. Headed to Muppets. When we got off of that the ride was back up.

It was a rough day at DHS today in general. Falcon never opened and .mmrr was down a lot.

If I “ manage” my 11 year old in MDE, so my husband can see see him on the Family list but cannot manage his plans, will he be able to get a BG for him? I noticed he can’t even see his Park Passes.
Would he need to log out of his MDE and log into mine so we can both try for one?

also, not a ROtR question, but is there any way for DS to see our plans on his phone if he’s 11 (so can’t have his own MDE acct)?

also, not a ROtR question, but is there any way for DS to see our plans on his phone if he’s 11 (so can’t have his own MDE acct)?

we have only 1 account for the family so I can’t answer your first questions but I gave my daughter the login for the account so she can see it on her phone. She knows not to change plans or anything. Also she was the one that got our boarding group last time. We just share the one account

Today is our day. We moved from Bonnet Creek to BW this morning. Got our room ready notice at 7am. So we parked threw our stuff in the room and walked over. We got here at just after 8 and there were three people in line. The security guard said they wouldn’t open the temp check until just after 9.
This is our first of two HS days but our other one is Saturday and we will be coming from offsite so really hoping today goes well.

Today is our day. We moved from Bonnet Creek to BW this morning. Got our room ready notice at 7am. So we parked threw our stuff in the room and walked over. We got here at just after 8 and there were three people in line. The security guard said they wouldn’t open the temp check until just after 9.
This is our first of two HS days but our other one is Saturday and we will be coming from offsite so really hoping today goes well.

I’m pretty sure I’m a n line with you! Good luck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!