READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you all waiting at the second join and refreshing. I’m still confused at how to do this. I had it down in March but then the trip got cancelled? Do you just wait at the second join page or refresh. I have not been lucky from home at all

So are you all waiting at the second join and refreshing. I’m still confused at how to do this. I had it down in March but then the trip got cancelled? Do you just wait at the second join page or refresh. I have not been lucky from home at all
Most wait on the home screen until the clock turns 10am exactly. as soon as the clock changes, click the join on the home page, join on the virtual queue page and join on the Family and Friends page as rapidly as possible.

ETA: BG's are going fast, within 5 seconds, so the quicker the fingers, the higher chance you have at being successful

For my practices at home I’ve been doing it from this page and refreshing right at 10 AM eastern and have been successful majority of the time. I go to the parks next week, so I’m hoping it works then too 🤞
5A62E506-CAA1-416F-A669-B93750ACAF3C.jpeg

Thank you. This is so stressful!!!
It is... They will be adding plexiglass barriers on the ride vehicles in the near future so 2 groups of 4 or less can ride together. That will hopefully add more availability, which will hopefully allow the BG window to stay open a bit longer, but still a bit speculative at this point until the vehicles with the barriers are launched.

The increase in capacity should happen in the next couple of weeks
Thanks for that info. Guessing you have super top secret hidden clearance knowledge to get that tidbit. The article, to me anyway, made it seem like they weren't rushing this change. glad that's not the case.

I'm all for a capacity increase, but even if this doubles capacity, all boarding groups will still be gone in a very short time at 10am and 2pm.

And considering once you've got a BG, there's a 50/50 chance of sitting in the back behind the barrier. Haven't people said the clear barriers on Kilimanjaro Safaris affect the views? I'm not going to be a happy camper if my only shot at a ride on ROTR for the day results in a less-than-stellar view of everything in the attraction. Not to mention since we can only visit one park per day, reserved in advance, that we can't just try again the next day for another 50/50 chance at an unobstructed view and then go to another park if we don't have any luck.

Last edited:
I'm all for a capacity increase, but even if this doubles capacity, all boarding groups will still be gone in a very short time at 10am and 2pm.

And considering once you've got a BG, there's a 50/50 chance of sitting in the back behind the barrier. Haven't people said the clear barriers on Kilimanjaro Safaris affect the views? I'm not going to be a happy camper if my only shot at a ride on ROTR for the day results in a less-than-stellar view of everything in the attraction. Not to mention since we can only visit one park per day, reserved in advance, that we can't just try again the next day for another 50/50 chance at an unobstructed view and then go to another park if we don't have any luck.

My main reason for wanting a BG is so my 7 year old Star Wars obsessed son can get on the attraction. I don’t think he’ll care but I can certainly understand how most adults would have an issue with it.From those pics it doesn’t seem to be too intrusive. Also maybe you can request to ride in the front and wait for a few cars like you would under normal circumstances if you wanted a specific seat.

I don’t know how the ROTR barriers are, but the barriers on Kilimanjaro Safaris are like clear plastic fabric. I didn’t mind too much, but I also don’t really look forward on KS- I look to the side. So if it’s the same stuff, ROTR could suffer. If ROTR uses actual plexiglass, I would expect them to be clearer and more like glass, less problematic.

Just back from our trip last week. We were in HS on Tuesday and Friday. Surprisingly so, it was much less crowded on Friday as opposed to Tuesday! We were out of MMRR by 9:40 on Tuesday and my husband, using the refresh on the second page got BG5 and we were standing in queue for SD. I was on the home page and couldn't get in as fast as him.

On Friday, we were on and off MMRR by 9:20. On and off SD by 9:40 and while walking to MFSR he got BG21, again, using the same technique and I didn't get in as fast. So for what it's worth, that was how we did it.

Overall a super successful trip. Both times we rode the full ride was working seamlessly and we had no issues.

One more thing to note, I think the limited capacity is nice, without giving anything away, we just had more room to breathe (despite having masks on) and it seemed more personal of a ride and our views were less obstructed. There are pros and cons to everything...even COVID changes!

I think if you can see the seconds before 10 or 2 the refresh on the second page method may work better. If you refresh a second or two before 10 or 2 you may time it right and only have to go through 2 pages instead of 3. My DHS day is December 22 so I have plenty of time to practice and test. Also it is absurd that we are all going through all this practice to shave milliseconds off just to get on this attraction. Disney really needs to find a better way for people to experience the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter