READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me . Party of 1. Hung up a bit loading party. All gone. Phone still said 10am. Was refreshing from my virtual queue screen
That is a tough break. Back in January on my solo trip, my phone glitched up a little but all it did was push me back to BG 50-something, I think it was. The virtual queue hadn't become quite as frantic as it is now. Still, I can remember a moment of panic as the other people on Sunset Blvd sent up their cheers of success.

That was me . Party of 1. Hung up a bit loading party. All gone. Phone still said 10am. Was refreshing from my virtual queue screen

For the 2pm BG open the app about a minute before 2pm and hit join and then the back arrow a few times. I've noticed that the page after you hit join the first time loads faster if you've gone in and out once or twice. Around 15 seconds before 2pm go in and out once or twice again and get ready for your phone to hit 2pm. This should save you the extra tenths of a second needed to get a BG. Also on the last screen where it loads who is scanned into the park keep hitting join as fast as you can that way once it loads you'll hit join immediately.

For the 2pm BG open the app about a minute before 2pm and hit join and then the back arrow a few times. I've noticed that the page after you hit join the first time loads faster if you've gone in and out once or twice. Around 15 seconds before 2pm go in and out once or twice again and get ready for your phone to hit 2pm. This should save you the extra tenths of a second needed to get a BG. Also on the last screen where it loads who is scanned into the park keep hitting join as fast as you can that way once it loads you'll hit join immediately.
from the my virtual queue page or home page with join button and Picture of At At?

home page with join button and Picture of At At?

I've always joined from this page but I would think the process would be the same. Since loading the second page (the one that shows which BG they are loading) before 10 or 2 I've always been successful. Having a way to see the seconds accurately is also a benefit. If you have an Android phone you can add seconds to the time in the status bar with a free app. If you have an iPhone and an Apple Watch use a clock face that has a second hand. If you have an iPhone and no Apple Watch the Apple clock app has a second hand. Look at that until about 15 second before 10 or 2 and countdown in your head with your finger hovering over join. All this combined with loading the second join page beforehand should get you a BG but of course nothing if guaranteed.

When you say not being able to get a BG exactly at 10am do you mean the join button wasn't active at 10am or it was active and they just couldn't get a BG in time? I got through just fine at home at 10am. Although I did notice a lag before the screen where it lists everyone scanned into the park and you hit join the final time.

I think the Join button didn't go active.

I tried from home back and forth this am at 10am, 9am my time and it said within a second after 10, all boarding groups gone, boarding groups 1-5. This was my first attempt. We’ll be there Nov 3. I’ll try again this afternoon but wow, this is scary! I have a iPhone and when I hit time.gov, it says I’m like +.003 seconds too fast. I can’t seem to find the app everyone is talking about . I do have an Apple Watch so I’m going to switch to the second face for 2pm attempt. 1pm my time. Hmmmph

Interesting, the Join button went active for me practicing from home this morning as it usually does. Wonder if there was some sort of lag in the parks? Wonder if they were on Wifi?
good question, though I did tell them to turn off wifi.

Ok, I tried again. I had my second clock going on my watch and got past the select parties page. I just hit join as others have said you don’t actually need to select parties when practicing at home. And hit right on the dot, but got the big red x. Wow, no luck practicing at home. Not sure how I’ll fare the day we are there. Seems really hard to get on this ride.

They need to figure out a more fair way to do it. Like maybe advance reservations like ADR’s. Call them ARR’s. lol. “advance ride reservation”. But you actually have to already have a valid park ticket purchased in your MDE and a park reservation that day to be eligible to reserve a BG. Then, a warning that if you are not scanned in the park by such and such time, you ARR will go back in the lottery for people who are in the park. When someone doesn’t show up by the cut off time, a spot automatically opens back up. That way everyone knows in advance if they get to go and may even switch around park days based on availability. And then not do this whole click at 10 and 2 thing. That way a person could know in advance and for those who go to the park that day w/out an ARR, they can check back periodically to see if any spots opened up.

Can you imagine if that was how dining worked? You have to wait until you are scanned in the room to book an ADR and you can only do so 2 times a day? Totally sucks that your eligibility for the ride all depends on how quick you can push 2 buttons at only 2 times per day once you already paid for your ticket and have given up that day to be there. If you can only go one day to HS, and don’t get there but every 5+ years, seems like it puts people at a disadvantage. Ugh. I would love to get on this ride, but there are only 2 of us, and it sounds like the odds of getting a BG in a split second are slim. I will keep practicing, but today was sure discouraging.

Tried how you suggested. Got back boarding group 84. Now day drinking as I wait it out

Ok, I tried again. I had my second clock going on my watch and got past the select parties page. I just hit join as others have said you don’t actually need to select parties when practicing at home. And hit right on the dot, but got the big red x. Wow, no luck practicing at home. Not sure how I’ll fare the day we are there. Seems really hard to get on this ride.

Have you checked to see if your watch is synced to the "official time"? I use the app "Atomic Clock & Watch Accuracy Tool". I've been practicing every day for well over a month and have only missed it once.

Have you checked to see if your watch is synced to the "official time"? I use the app "Atomic Clock & Watch Accuracy Tool". I've been practicing every day for well over a month and have only missed it once.
I searched for that second in status app and it looks like it is only for android. I found atomic clock app and dL it. It looks like a black clock with a second hand moving around it. What did you do? Just open it or save it as a watch face? Not sure how to do that but willing to give it a try.

I searched for that second in status app and it looks like it is only for android. I found atomic clock app and dL it. It looks like a black clock with a second hand moving around it. What did you do? Just open it or save it as a watch face? Not sure how to do that but willing to give it a try.

The one on my android shows the seconds in the status bar at the top, so even when I'm in the Disney app, I can see it.

I didn’t see a way to save atomic clock as watch face. Or a way to synchronize it to phone. How do you do that?

If you're using a smart phone or smart watch you should be close enough to the exact time that it won't matter. Go to time.is or time.gov and see how much your phone's time is off. It'll likely be no more than a few hundredths or even thousandths of a second. If you want to see the seconds while in the app on your phone you'll need an Android phone.

If you're using a smart phone or smart watch you should be close enough to the exact time that it won't matter. Go to time.is or time.gov and see how much your phone's time is off. It'll likely be no more than a few hundredths or even thousandths of a second. If you want to see the seconds while in the app on your phone you'll need an Android phone.
Thank you!
Mine is ahead by .456 seconds, good to know! I keep forgetting to give a practice run to refresh my memory.

Hi all these tips have been great and I’ve been practicing at home. My problem seems to be a delay in loading my party. The last few times I’ve been trying method 3 using my second hand but it takes several seconds to get to the screen for my party and then the passes are gone! Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ok. I had mentioned earlier that I had checked that already I think. I’m + .04 second too fast. So there really is no way to sync an iPhone that is slightly off?

Hi all these tips have been great and I’ve been practicing at home. My problem seems to be a delay in loading my party. The last few times I’ve been trying method 3 using my second hand but it takes several seconds to get to the screen for my party and then the passes are gone! Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I had this exact same problem. And I even went in and out several times as suggested as that supposedly makes it load faster. Still it blows my mind that literally every BG is gone the 1st second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter