READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's great @yulilin3!! Choosing to look at it as if they offered BGs this morning they feel good about the ride operating today!

Sorry for you @mirandag819 and others who yesterday was their only day. It's difficult when the ride breaks down or, there are not enough BGs for everyone. :(
Yeah they didn’t just offer them they are calling boarding groups already so it’s definitely back up calling 1-6 now

Ugh makes me so mad they couldn’t have said something before we went yesterday, we could have changed to today or Thursday and still had a chance. Still heartbroken! I think I would have felt better if it stayed down the rest of the week we are here, but knowing it was just our 1 and only day breaks my heart.
Yeah, that’s frustrating. I know this won’t happen, but it’d be nice of Disney if they had a good run today and finish with today’s BGs early if they’d invite the ones that missed out yesterday to come back to the park and ride. Hope the rest of your trip goes smooth

Ugh makes me so mad they couldn’t have said something before we went yesterday, we could have changed to today or Thursday and still had a chance. Still heartbroken! I think I would have felt better if it stayed down the rest of the week we are here, but knowing it was just our 1 and only day breaks my heart.
I understand the frustration but there is no way of knowing if the attraction will be off line all day, they worked on it until the afternoon trying to get it back up

I understand the frustration but there is no way of knowing if the attraction will be off line all day, they worked on it until the afternoon trying to get it back up
True but if this was March (like when my trip was supposed to be) they would have given a ticket and fast pass to try again this week...yesterday I got stuck with higher crowds the rest of the day because people weren’t leaving and super unfriendly CMs standing at the gate arms crossed and short.

Or sacrifice one of your other park days for another HS day (or add on an extra day at the end ;))
My tickets were the 4 park tickets they sold pre shut down (since my trip was supposed to be in March, so unfortunately I can’t duplicate parks since it was 1 day in each of the 4 parks).

True but if this was March (like when my trip was supposed to be) they would have given a ticket and fast pass to try again this week...yesterday I got stuck with higher crowds the rest of the day because people weren’t leaving and super unfriendly CMs standing at the gate arms crossed and short.
sadly we cannot expect or compare any experience that is happening after July 11th to experiences that happened before. Everything has changed and we, as visitors, need to accept that, if you come with preconceived expectations you will be disappointed. I saw a report that at least they were letting people hop to Epcot yesterday

sadly we cannot expect or compare any experience that is happening after July 11th to experiences that happened before. Everything has changed and we, as visitors, need to accept that, if you come with preconceived expectations you will be disappointed. I saw a report that at least they were letting people hop to Epcot yesterday
Yeah unfortunately they didn’t give me that option, just crossed arms crossed, glares, and repeating over and over there is nothing we can do...try reaching out to our communications department. I literally rented a car that I wouldn’t have rented if not for wanting to control my own arrival time, upgraded to an iPhone 11 the week before when I saw 6s were having trouble getting BGs, did everything I needed to do to control the situation, and was thrilled my work and effort paid off. Instead I was given a miserable HS day and a husband who never wants to return (not because the ride went down but because of the customer service shown by cast members). We never yelled or argued or asked for anything but were greeted by the most stone faced unapproachable cast members I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen Disney service on prior trips and that’s what has brought us back, but I’m not seeing in during the pandemic. I’ve been given fast passes and free ice cream when evacuated off a ride after a few mins, so for zero to be offered to improve our moods after a bad day with 2 rides down all day, longer than posted wait times in the hot sun with masks, and putting so much effort into BGs without knowing it was stuck by lightning the night before just sucks.

Yeah unfortunately they didn’t give me that option, just crossed arms crossed, glares, and repeating over and over there is nothing we can do...try reaching out to our communications department. I literally rented a car that I wouldn’t have rented if not for wanting to control my own arrival time, upgraded to an iPhone 11 the week before when I saw 6s were having trouble getting BGs, did everything I needed to do to control the situation, and was thrilled my work and effort paid off. Instead I was given a miserable HS day and a husband who never wants to return (not because the ride went down but because of the customer service shown by cast members). We never yelled or argued or asked for anything but were greeted by the most stone faced unapproachable cast members I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen Disney service on prior trips and that’s what has brought us back, but I’m not seeing in during the pandemic. I’ve been given fast passes and free ice cream when evacuated off a ride after a few mins, so for zero to be offered to improve our moods after a bad day with 2 rides down all day, longer than posted wait times in the hot sun with masks, and putting so much effort into BGs without knowing it was stuck by lightning the night before just sucks.
We're sorry you didn't ride but there is no guarantee that anyone is ever able to ride and ride.

Can we please move on from this?

We're sorry you didn't ride but there is no guarantee that anyone is ever able to ride and ride.

Can we please move on from this?

There is a big difference from a situation where someone doesn't get to ride because of getting a late BG, or not getting a BG, or the ride being available at all, versus how they handled this situation. They handed out BGs, didn't communicate literally anything until around 330p when they changed everyone's BGs to "sorry out of capacity for today," then coldly brushed off people who were confused, frustrated, and defeated.

No we can't "just move on from this."

It's not about not getting to ride, it's about how they're managing the situation.

Are you staying onsite? Sometimes a hotel’s concierge/guest services coordinator can work some pixie dust. And sometimes in park guest relations can. You wouldn’t have anything to lose by telling your story, suggesting future improvements, and asking if there is a way to switch one of your tickets or park hop to try again.

Are you staying onsite? Sometimes a hotel’s concierge/guest services coordinator can work some pixie dust. And sometimes in park guest relations can. You wouldn’t have anything to lose by telling your story, suggesting future improvements, and asking if there is a way to switch one of your tickets or park hop to try again.
Thanks for the suggestions. Haven't approached my hotels concierge, but I can tell you it was HS guest relations that was doing the stonewalling. I also asked if we could just park hop for a few hours to come back and try tomorrow, and was given a hard 'no way.'

Very icky to hear they did it for Epcot for others on the same day.

There is a big difference from a situation where someone doesn't get to ride because of getting a late BG, or not getting a BG, or the ride being available at all, versus how they handled this situation. They handed out BGs, didn't communicate literally anything until around 330p when they changed everyone's BGs to "sorry out of capacity for today," then coldly brushed off people who were confused, frustrated, and defeated.

No we can't "just move on from this."

It's not about not getting to ride, it's about how they're managing the situation.
I'm not an apologist for Disney by any means, but the lack of communication was likely due to them wholeheartedly trying to get the ride running. Once they realized for certain that it couldn't be done (3:30 apparently), they made the announcement. I'd say though beforehand there was still informal communication considering the app showed that no boarding groups had begun. What impression does that give? I know for sure I'd figure out my chances of riding are slim at that point, especially if I had a high group. As far as how it was handled on the way out? Yes, that sounds very un-Disney. The poster should complain to management/concierge (if applicable)/park website etc.

This is an operational status/BG tips board. The person's complaint has been mentioned several times now since yesterday. I'm pretty sure the poster who said "Can we please move on" refers to the fact that we've heard the complaint, offered sympathy, but now this is no longer the place for further complaining. Anyone involved should take it up with Disney if they feel that strongly about how they were treated, I know I would. It's very unfortunate and I feel for them. I'm going next week and pray that it doesn't happen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter