READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question.......are you guys starting from the Main Screen (the one with 'Join' and 'Check Status), or do you click past that Main Screen, and wait on the 'Join Virtual Queue' page?? I started on the Main Screen, so maybe I started at the wrong part, and wasted time?

Conventional wisdom suggests to start on the Main Page and wait until your phone clock hits 10am to click "Join" so that the second "Join" button is then live (vs. starting on the Join Boarding Group page and pulling down to refresh).

I figured out that on the Main Page if you position your screen so that the top is riiiiiight under the AT-AT's mouth (is it a mouth? lol) then the Join buttons are in the same position and you can just mash the screen without waiting for it to load to react.

For the 2pm BG people: has anyone reported back on when their BG got on the ride? Do these BGs start immediately or is it a couple of hours later?
When I was there a couple weeks ago we got BG 61 at the 2pm drop. They were loading thru 41 at the time. We were called about 2 hours later, off the ride before 5pm (thankfully no issues that day).

Conventional wisdom suggests to start on the Main Page and wait until your phone clock hits 10am to click "Join" so that the second "Join" button is then live (vs. starting on the Join Boarding Group page and pulling down to refresh).
Another option that's been working well for me is to load the "My Queues" page. When the clock strikes the hour, immediately click on "Join Virtual Queue" then click "Join" button on the ROTR page and then "Join" at the bottom of the friends/family page.

Of course, all three of these steps need to be done as swiftly as possible because you have around 10 seconds to get in.

I had a weird one today regarding practice. I hit the main page "Join" right at 10, then the next page "Join" immediately. I hit "Join" (forget the actual button name for this page) on the select family and friends page. I got the red warning box that pops up saying all the BGs are full. (Side Note: I have never gotten that warning on my first go through practicing just on my 2nd or 3rd tries, so today was a glitch or unbelievably fast) I hit the X in that box and then it some how shot me to the "Not So Fast" page? Would it of still given me a BG if I was in the park even though it said none were available? That happen to anyone else?

I had a weird one today regarding practice. I hit the main page "Join" right at 10, then the next page "Join" immediately. I hit "Join" (forget the actual button name for this page) on the select family and friends page. I got the red warning box that pops up saying all the BGs are full. (Side Note: I have never gotten that warning on my first go through practicing just on my 2nd or 3rd tries, so today was a glitch or unbelievably fast) I hit the X in that box and then it some how shot me to the "Not So Fast" page? Would it of still given me a BG if I was in the park even though it said none were available? That happen to anyone else?

Same here. I've been almost flawless in my practice runs, and hit it with the same speed and precision as previous days. But after selecting all in my party, I got the red box. Odd.

Hoping for good luck next Tues!

For the 2pm BG people: has anyone reported back on when their BG got on the ride? Do these BGs start immediately or is it a couple of hours later?
This is going to vary by day because the 2pm boarding group numbers start where the 10am left off, so if the last group to be filled at 10 is 55, then the first group at 2 is 56. It also depends on how well the ride does each day on whether you'll even get a chance to ride getting a BG at 2pm.

It would be good to hear reports from those who did wait until 2 to get a BG and what time they got on though.

This is going to vary by day because the 2pm boarding group numbers start where the 10am left off, so if the last group to be filled at 10 is 55, then the first group at 2 is 56. It also depends on how well the ride does each day on whether you'll even get a chance to ride getting a BG at 2pm.

It would be good to hear reports from those who did wait until 2 to get a BG and what time they got on though.
When I was there a couple weeks ago we got BG 61 at the 2pm drop. They were loading thru 41 at the time. We were called about 2 hours later, off the ride before 5pm (thankfully no issues that day).

@Phatscott25 Thanks, I scanned through all the posts between the original and end and didn't see responses, guess i'm blind. I'm sure everyone will have different stories, but good to know some are riding with their 2pm BG

We're headed back to HS tomorrow for our last try at a boarding pass. Is it worth it to mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery and Lyft over? Last Monday, we attempted use Lyft to HS directly and barely made it in by ten. We also overheard a family talking about disagreements at the bus station over who was there first

We're headed back to HS tomorrow for our last try at a boarding pass. Is it worth it to mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery and Lyft over? Last Monday, we attempted use Lyft to HS directly and barely made it in by ten. We also overheard a family talking about disagreements at the bus station over who was there first

Do you mean Lyft to the BW and then walk to DHS from there? I would say yes - walking gets you there the earliest (earlier than Skyliner, buses, and Lyft/car). Last week we started walking around 8:25 and got there around 8:40 and there were maybe a dozen people in front of us being held by security before they took us to the temp check tents at 9, then held us there til 9:15. You will have plenty of time to get into the park before 10am by walking.

Good luck!

If I “ manage” my 11 year old in MDE, so my husband can see see him on the Family list but cannot manage his plans, will he be able to get a BG for him? I noticed he can’t even see his Park Passes.
Would he need to log out of his MDE and log into mine so we can both try for one?

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

And I remember seeing one blogger click Join on the main page and then start refreshing the second page until the Join button appeared. He did it all one-handed. Would that work too? I was feeling pretty confident after getting a BG at Disneyland, but you all and your practicing have me nervous. Lol.

@Phatscott25 Thanks, I scanned through all the posts between the original and end and didn't see responses, guess i'm blind. I'm sure everyone will have different stories, but good to know some are riding with their 2pm BG
Haha no worries and you're welcome. I knew that we were rolling the dice relying on a 2pm BG but the day couldn't have gone more perfectly for us. We entered the park at 1pm, had a Sci-fi and Ogas reservation, and managed to ride every single ride, including Rise, before close at 8pm.

Do you mean Lyft to the BW and then walk to DHS from there? I would say yes - walking gets you there the earliest (earlier than Skyliner, buses, and Lyft/car). Last week we started walking around 8:25 and got there around 8:40 and there were maybe a dozen people in front of us being held by security before they took us to the temp check tents at 9, then held us there til 9:15. You will have plenty of time to get into the park before 10am by walking.

Good luck!

Thanks! That is what I was asking

I believe @yulilin3 has said they won't allow Lyft/Uber into the BWI parking lot right now unless you have an ADR at one of the restaurants. You could get dropped off at the gas station across the road and walk from there instead.

Someone said they would let you in if you had a mobile order at the Boardwalk Bakery. Has anyone else tried that? I don't want to just be lost at a gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!