Reading glasses in the parks

old feller

DIS Veteran
This may sound weird to some.,Wondering if any disers may have new ideas of carrying or not carrying reading glasses around in the parks. Mostly for using mde app on phone.I want to take an old iphone 5.
I know about pinching the screen.I Just thought there may be something new. Thanks

I feel your pain. Every time I think I'm going to go completely bagless, there's those darn glasses - reading, distance, sun - that I need at different times.

I have bi-focal sunglasses and I wear my reading glasses around my neck. I can't read without them, period and sometimes if you are outside it's hard to see a screen with sunglasses. Years ago I bought a cheap Mickey head necklace that is made out of some sort of yarn or thread. My glasses fit in one ear and when I take my sunglasses off they will fit in the head space. I go bagless so it works for me.

I do what China mom does-I wear my prescription bi focal sunglasses, then for going into shops, reading menus etc., I bring either an older pair of reading glasses (that I can still see out of!), or purchase an inexpensive pair to throw in your bag, that you don't have to worry about getting damaged.

I usually bring cheap reading glasses to the park. I do have prescription sunglasses, but I worry about damaging these as I'm not usually careful with my sunglasses. I also rely on my 11yo daughter for reading to me what I'm unable to see. ::yes::

Walmart makes a sun glass case with a clip to hang on your belt loop. We skip the bag check line and we just unzip it and lay it in the tray if we have to go through the metal detector.

thank you
My local Target sells these. For now I only have issues reading small print on packages and can see my screen just fine. For those instances I have an app on my phone called Magnifier. It is basically a magnifying glass that lets you adjust the magnification and even lets you take a picture of something magnified to look closer at it.

I went with progressive lenses and added transition tint for sunshine.now I just wear glasses all the time and dont have to carry multiple pairs around.

Transition lenses are a great solution, Sun sink plus are fantastic. Bi focal sun works great outside but with so many lines and rides inside you also need a clear pair.

Transition lenses are a great solution, Sun sink plus are fantastic. Bi focal sun works great outside but with so many lines and rides inside you also need a clear pair.

That does not help those who wear contacts. After all if you are just wearing your glasses, you can take them off to look at small print and do not need reading glasses.

OP, not a weird question at all. I can't see up close, so really need reading glasses! I had the same problem, and used to bring my regular size reading glasses in a "neck" pouch, but that was cumbersome. I ended up paying a lot for folding glasses that fit into a case about 2 inches long. They cost a lot at the time, at Walgreens, but I have used them on every trip. They are awesome and fit into the smallest pocket. Definitely worth it for me.

If taking your glasses off help you read small print Bifocals will allow you to leave them on and read small print. If your contacts are set for distance only you should look into bi focal or mono vision contacts, that doesn't work for everyone but some people love them. I tried and they didn't work for be because I have had cataract surgery so I need a lot of help with my reading.

This is a great conversation for the OP or anyone to talk to their Optometrist, they have solutions if they know what your challenges are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts