Ready Player One

I'm excited but also wary of the movie. I read this book at least once every two months, that's how much I like it. But I know there will be major differences and I'm afraid of how it will change the overall story. I'm already chafing at little at how the leads do not look like their characters as described in the book. I'm still willing to give it a chance, though!

My DH can not wait. He’s giddy like a kid every time a commercial or preview comes on.

Mine too. He is bouncing off the walls, waiting for it to come out.

DH and DS are going to see the new Pacific Rim this weekend, and RPO next. I get to stay at home and have peace & quiet. Works for me!

I too am exited but hoping not to be let down. Would have been so much cooler if movie was made to be seen with virtual headsets.
I do not think they will be able to put in enough 80's stuff to fill my liking. I could never figure out how author got away with all the references in the book.

OMG...I loved this book...read it last year. Couldn't put it down. I definitely have a "view" in my mind of what the stacked trailers and the OASIS should look and from the previews the stacked trailers looked like I imagined them to look but the OASIS and lead characters not so much.

I have Movie Pass also. I go to the movies at least once a week, sometimes more if I can fit it in. I love going to the first showing of the day.

MJ

My just turned 15 year old son. I’ve heard nothing else out of his mouth for months

I've already bought my IMAX 3D tickets for opening weekend! Loved the book, but understand that they changed things up a bit to make the geek / pop culture references more relatable to the average viewer. I don't think it's any spoilers, as based on all the trailers fans of the book can see a lot of the obvious changes.

Based on the reviews from the SxSW Film Festival premier ... fans of the book will be loving the movie and the adaptation seems to really capture the spirit. Even some folks who didn't like the book still enjoyed the movie.

For the folks who hated to book and 80s nostalgia ... we'll they'll probably find more to hate and pick apart with the movie.

I don't think the pop references changed to be more relatable, rather they changed because they couldn't secure the rights to everything in the book. Thank God Spielberg directed this so they could get as many IP's included as they did LOL. I'm very excited.

I don't think the pop references changed to be more relatable, rather they changed because they couldn't secure the rights to everything in the book. Thank God Spielberg directed this so they could get as many IP's included as they did LOL. I'm very excited.

I know Disney wouldn't give up the rights for Star Wars, but Ultra-Man shouldn't have been a hard IP to secure. The Iron Giant was used in the movie in place of Ultra-Man (not really a spoiler as Iron Giant is all over the trailers) ... I figured a lot more people know the Iron Giant than Ultra-Man ...

I've already bought my IMAX 3D tickets for opening weekend! Loved the book, but understand that they changed things up a bit to make the geek / pop culture references more relatable to the average viewer. I don't think it's any spoilers, as based on all the trailers fans of the book can see a lot of the obvious changes.

Based on the reviews from the SxSW Film Festival premier ... fans of the book will be loving the movie and the adaptation seems to really capture the spirit. Even some folks who didn't like the book still enjoyed the movie.

For the folks who hated to book and 80s nostalgia ... we'll they'll probably find more to hate and pick apart with the movie.

ARGGGHH. I was th geek it related to.
I played Joust, I played D&D(the same module), etc
Though I wasn't a Rush fan, all my friends were & I had to listen to them a ton. Just didn't like them.

The movie trailers have only been so-so. I loved the book, so the movie will get my money, but I'm not expecting too much. :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter