"Real" Park Opening Times (Regular Park Hours)

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
On regular park hour days, when do parks actually start operating i.e. when do CM's normally "drop the rope" to let you start going on attractions? Does it vary by park?

thx much

It varies day to day, there's no set early opening schedule. They might let you in 30 min early, they might let you in 45 min early and have you wait in a holding area, they might let you in exactly at regular park opening hour.

Your best bet is to just arrive early.

^Yes. It also depends on if the attractions are ready, and the crowd level in the holding area. I've witnessed at park open at 8:35, I've also seen exactly 9:00.

MK is relatively consistent, the other parks can see variations.

Meaning.... for a 9am MK opening... they let people onto Main Street up to the Castle hub in the 7:45-8am range. The opening show is at 8:55am which lasts a few minutes, after which they ‘drop the ropes’ on the various hub spokes and the park is open. Things might vary a minute or two here and there, but you’re not likely to see that opening show be way off its scheduled time, generally speaking.

The other parks don’t have similar routines / shows so are harder to describe with definitive details since it can vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter